SFX interviews

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
hans
Nutshell
Location: Norwich, Norfolk UK (Colman's mustard and Lotus land)

SFX interviews

Post by hans »

SFX magazine has released 200 articles from over 15 years on their website, in celebration for reaching its 200 issue, I haven't gone through them all but there's an interview from Linda Thorson;
http://www.sfx.co.uk/1996/01/24/sfx-issue-8/

Also Patrick Macnee did an interview for the magazine, I was wondering if any one had it?

And the whole list http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/08/25/200-sfx-features/
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I absolutely adore SFX, and I actually heard about them for the first time because of a Brian Clemens piece they had a few years back (I have that issue, btw). I've been a subscriber for awhile now and I've heard of but not read the Linda interview, so that should be fun. Thanks, Hans! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Very enjoyable interview with Linda Thorson. Thanks.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

It really was sad how Linda was treated by the producers at first--Bryce wanting to make her character fairly helpless, and Clemens wanting her to lose weight and change her hair! She seems like she was always a very decent person and generally upbeat. And, she's right--there are excellent Avenger episodes in the Tara Series. Also, Pat did look good after wolfing down bottles of amphetamines to lose weight (outside the sideburns and hair goop....).

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

That interview is a bit uncomfortable to read actually, no wonder Linda seems to be on the defence.

Instead of celebrating Tara King in an interview with Linda Thorson we're getting questions and comments on "the weakest of the series", "forgotten Avenger" and "bombed in the US". :roll:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I used to buy SFX infrequently. They used to do a regular feature where a group would watch selections of Cult TV and review - used to be quite amusing. But it used to come with so much bumph and started covering far too many series that I had no interest in so I eventually stopped bothering.

That's an awful interview - sooo doom and gloom, just paints a really negative picture.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Darren wrote:I used to buy SFX infrequently. They used to do a regular feature where a group would watch selections of Cult TV and review - used to be quite amusing. But it used to come with so much bumph and started covering far too many series that I had no interest in so I eventually stopped bothering.

That's an awful interview - sooo doom and gloom, just paints a really negative picture.
They still do the Couch Potato section, though not as often as they used to, and they include an Avengers episode on occasion.

I really enjoy the magazine because it's introduced me to a lot of new series (Life on Mars for one). I think it's the best magazine of its kind out there.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:That interview is a bit uncomfortable to read actually, no wonder Linda seems to be on the defence.

Instead of celebrating Tara King in an interview with Linda Thorson we're getting questions and comments on "the weakest of the series", "forgotten Avenger" and "bombed in the US". :roll:
actually, given the fact that the show was up against NBC's
' Laugh in ' the number 1 show in the USA at the time, The Tara
era did fairly well..Wasn't their fault that ABC (U.S.) was clueless
to move the show to a better time slot/night
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Interesting Linda Thorson interview.... no wonder she was on the defensive with questions like that! :o

I didn't realise that some of the Tara tag scenes had some ad-libs thrown in. I'll have to look out for those when the boxset comes out......
Last watched: The Undertakers