Avengers Books

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

I'm working my way through all the Avengers novelisations still. I actually liked The Floating Game - I felt it had quite a decent Avengers feel despite the author saying he'd not watched the show. Too many Targets actually annoyed me a little bit with silly, factual mistakes. For instance, Anthropology has NOTHING to do with the study of apes! Deadline was well written but was more like a Gale era episode than a Peel one.
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

Hi Friends,

I'm planning my first trip to the UK this July! I'll be around London for about 5 days, then Cambridge, then over to Portmeirion. Would love recommendations about places to go hunting for vintage Avengers, Danger Man, Saint, 007, etc books. Where should I look? I'll also put the word out about seeing Avengers locations. I missed the 50th, but at least I'll get there for MY 50th :)

Thanks!
-Jason
(Spy Vibe)
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Jace wrote:Hi Friends,

I'm planning my first trip to the UK this July! I'll be around London for about 5 days, then Cambridge, then over to Portmeirion. Would love recommendations about places to go hunting for vintage Avengers, Danger Man, Saint, 007, etc books. Where should I look? I'll also put the word out about seeing Avengers locations. I missed the 50th, but at least I'll get there for MY 50th :)

Thanks!
-Jason
(Spy Vibe)
the best way to see Avengerland is to come a week earlier and attend Deadmans treasure hunt the last week of June.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

i might be able to do that! what is the event? how does it work? thanks :)
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Jason

I've sent you an email with contact details for Chris Bentley, this includes when this year's Dead Man's Treasure hunt event will take place and where.

Hope to see you there.
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

Thanks, friends! It's all arranged now. Looking forward to seeing some of you soon :)
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Spotted this on eBay. Seems to be a rejected cover from a 1966 or 1967 Avengers Annual.

I can see why they rejected it; the ugly pic of Emma and poorly executed 'Avengers' logo.

Still of historical interest nonetheless.
I have one of these. It was indeed a rejected annual cover, and the artist may a limited number of reproductions. Steed's not too bad. Emma looks more like Cathy--actually, I've sort of started pretending it's supposed to be Cathy when I look at it. :lol:
yeah. sorta does look like mrs. gale..maybe after her hangover..LOL..all in all, still an interesting cover
Gordon Webster
White Dwarf

Re: Avengers Books

Post by Gordon Webster »

Hello,

I'm looking for an Avengers companion book that feature:
individual reviews for all episodes
individual music scores credits

Thanks.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Re: Avengers Books

Post by anti-clockwise »

Gordon Webster wrote:Hello,

I'm looking for an Avengers companion book that feature:
individual reviews for all episodes
individual music scores credits

Thanks.
Rodney Marshall has a series of books that has reviews of each Emma Peel and Tara King episode. In December a themed book comes out which will include elements of the music.
Last edited by anti-clockwise on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

I don't a book that is focused on the music, but here is a list with all (at least I hope so) available books about the Avengers
Book list.
It's a pdf file.