The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
jaz
Winged Avenger

The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Post by jaz »

The Dept. of Media presents:
The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Classic Television Series
at the Univeristy of Chichester
June 25th/26th 2011

More detailed information will be posted here next week.

I ask the most stupid questions!
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Awesome news Jaz. Thank you for the info.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

Wow it's far from London I guess, needs to plan train tickets and accomodation
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

How marvellous!

This may not be possible, as the venue is rather different to the conventions I used to MC. I was once events co-ordinator for the Doctor Who Club of Australia, and we held our multi-day events at large hotels with function facilities, in off peak times. As such, the hotels would offer discounted rates to convention attendees.

If there were a largish hotel in Chichester, near the University, perhaps the convention organisers could negotiate a similar deal? There is certainly something fun about staying in the same hotel with fellow fans. I remember a particularly bizarre stairwell party at Whovention 3 in 1996... ;)
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Brendan Jones wrote: If there were a largish hotel in Chichester, near the University, perhaps the convention organisers could negotiate a similar deal? There is certainly something fun about staying in the same hotel with fellow fans. I remember a particularly bizarre stairwell party at Whovention 3 in 1996... ;)
I'm assuming term will have ended by then so presumably accommodation will be available at the University itself ?
next thursday
Little Wonder

Post by next thursday »

Brendan Jones wrote:How marvellous!

This may not be possible, as the venue is rather different to the conventions I used to MC. I was once events co-ordinator for the Doctor Who Club of Australia, and we held our multi-day events at large hotels with function facilities, in off peak times. As such, the hotels would offer discounted rates to convention attendees.

If there were a largish hotel in Chichester, near the University, perhaps the convention organisers could negotiate a similar deal? There is certainly something fun about staying in the same hotel with fellow fans. I remember a particularly bizarre stairwell party at Whovention 3 in 1996... ;)
All Conventions are to meet fellow fans. Panels are just frosting. I've been to some Cons and never hit a Panel. Lived in a stairwell, or a lobby. Or a Hallway.

sigh. . . .
I didn't sell out. I bought in.

I made you a Soul but I ate it.

Science isn't a Belief, it's Understanding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfuso/
http://blogs.delphiforums.com/alfuso/start
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

next thursday wrote:All Conventions are to meet fellow fans. Panels are just frosting. I've been to some Cons and never hit a Panel. Lived in a stairwell, or a lobby. Or a Hallway.

sigh. . . .
Speak for yourself. :D

I can understand that attitude at for instance a Doctor Who convention, where there's been a long history of conventions, same old guests telling the same old stories... but The Avengers?

With the Reavenging event this weekend and this one being held next June, this is a superb opportunity to hear from the people who worked on the series and in many cases, will not have spoken at length about their participation before, or made appearances at conventions. There is no way I'm going to stand in a hallway and miss it.

For Avengers fans, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see so many Avengers alumni together in one place talking about the series. You'd have to drag yourself away from that stairwell, wouldn't you? :lol:
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Alan wrote:
next thursday wrote:All Conventions are to meet fellow fans. Panels are just frosting. I've been to some Cons and never hit a Panel. Lived in a stairwell, or a lobby. Or a Hallway.

sigh. . . .
Speak for yourself. :D

I can understand that attitude at for instance a Doctor Who convention, where there's been a long history of conventions, same old guests telling the same old stories... but The Avengers?

With the Reavenging event this weekend and this one being held next June, this is a superb opportunity to hear from the people who worked on the series and in many cases, will not have spoken at length about their participation before, or made appearances at conventions. There is no way I'm going to stand in a hallway and miss it.

For Avengers fans, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see so many Avengers alumni together in one place talking about the series. You'd have to drag yourself away from that stairwell, wouldn't you? :lol:
Indeed. The only downside I can see to this event at the moment is whether it's going to be possible to get everyone's autograph and see every panel. :)
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Well, I've never really seen the attraction of autographs, so that's not something that will bother me personally! :D
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Wow, now that's what I call a guest list :D