The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Frankymole wrote:A few more:

Cyd Child is third from left (stunt arranger and performer).

First on the left (ignoring the obtruding boot) is original producer Leonard White.

I excluded guests I knew - TV historian Dick Fiddy, actress Anneke Wills, actress Carol Cleveland, and producer Leonard White who was wearing a prominent name badge in most shots (though he is on the sofa in the third pic above, on the left of shot); if we identify the unknown ones, I can put up pictures of these "obvious" ones if others don't know them!
Top image, left to right:
Jeremy Burnham, Howard Blake, Robert Fuest

Next image
Howard Blake, John Hough, Cyd Child, Richard Bates, Ray Austin, Anneke Wills, Carol Cleveland, Diane ? (Diana Rigg's double for a couple of episodes who turned up unannounced on the day - fair play!) and Linda Thorson.

Next image:
My boot!, Leonard White, Honor Blackman, Julie Stevens, Brian Tesler

Next image
?

Next image
John Hough

Next image
John Carson, Ray Austin, Lilli Savage (dressed as a man - only joking Paul), Alwyn Turner, Linda Thorson

Last image
Co-organiser Michael Holly

I ask the most stupid questions!
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

First on the left (ignoring the obtruding boot) is original producer Leonard White.

I excluded guests I knew - TV historian Dick Fiddy, actress Anneke Wills, actress Carol Cleveland, and producer Leonard White who was wearing a prominent name badge in most shots (though he is on the sofa in the third pic above, on the left of shot); if we identify the unknown ones, I can put up pictures of these "obvious" ones if others don't know them!

Next image
Howard Blake, John Hough, Cyd Child, Richard Bates, Ray Austin, Anneke Wills, Carol Cleveland, Diane ? (Diana Rigg's double for a couple of episodes who turned up unannounced on the day - fair play!) and Linda Thorson.

Next image:

Next image
?

Next image
John Hough

Next image
John Carson, Ray Austin, Paul O'Grady, Alwyn Turner, Linda Thorson

Last image

I ask the most stupid questions!
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

Many thanks for the name checks - great to know who turned up !
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

jaz wrote:

Next image

Next image:

Next image
?

Next image
John Hough

Next image
John Carson, Ray Austin, Lilli Savage (dressed as a man - only joking Paul), Alwyn Turner, Linda Thorson

Last image

wonderful, wonderful photos...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks, Jaz. I don't know what all of them did on the show (Brian Tesler, David Marshall and Alwyn Turner are mysteries to me), but it was nice to see them!

Amazed I didn't recognise John Carson, he's hardly changed.
Last edited by Frankymole on Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Thank you so very much for the photos. For those of us that didn't go we really ap;preciate these wonderful photos! So Roger Marshall was not there?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Speed Six wrote:Yes - I spotted Brian and Terrence, but not sure about the other two. Neither of them is Roger, who I don't believe was there at the weekend, but came to a later one day event. Not sure if he'd have been seen on the same sofa as Brian !

Some of the obvious ones I did see were Linda (so different these days !), Honor (still not changed much at all) Ray Austin, John Hough, Julie Stevens and (spot the odd one out) Alexandra Bastedo.
Alexandra Bastedo was at the 50th? I had no idea. Strange, as you say, since she was never on the Avengers. Anybody hear what she had to say, presumably about The Champions?
I don't think she did any interviews. I think she attended for a few hours to do a signing in the dealers room.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

jaz wrote:
Frankymole wrote: Image
Next image
?
Could it be Alexandra Bastedo? :)
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

MLP* wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Speed Six wrote:Yes - I spotted Brian and Terrence, but not sure about the other two. Neither of them is Roger, who I don't believe was there at the weekend, but came to a later one day event. Not sure if he'd have been seen on the same sofa as Brian !

Some of the obvious ones I did see were Linda (so different these days !), Honor (still not changed much at all) Ray Austin, John Hough, Julie Stevens and (spot the odd one out) Alexandra Bastedo.
Alexandra Bastedo was at the 50th? I had no idea. Strange, as you say, since she was never on the Avengers. Anybody hear what she had to say, presumably about The Champions?
I don't think she did any interviews. I think she attended for a few hours to do a signing in the dealers room.
Interesting. Anyone have a chat with her?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

No, she was signing copies of her book in a side room away from the main auditorium. Roger Marshall was originally on the list of guests but was unable to attend due to ill health, something which was reported on here a few days before the event IIRC.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."