The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Frankymole wrote:
jaz wrote:
Frankymole wrote: Image
Next image
?
Could it be Alexandra Bastedo? :)
Definitely NOT Franky!

I ask the most stupid questions!
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Frankymole wrote:Thanks, Jaz. I don't know what all of them did on the show (Brian Tesler, David Marshall and Alwyn Turner are mysteries to me), but it was nice to see them!

Amazed I didn't recognise John Carson, he's hardly changed.
Brian Tesler was Head of ABC TV, David Marshall a designer on the Honor Blackman series (Mandrake amongst other) and Alwyn Turner wrote a book about Terry Nation. Hope that helps.

I ask the most stupid questions!
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

Alexandra is seen very briefly at about 1.54 minutes, looking very chic in a white outfit.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

mariocki wrote:No, she was signing copies of her book in a side room away from the main auditorium. Roger Marshall was originally on the list of guests but was unable to attend due to ill health, something which was reported on here a few days before the event IIRC.
Thanks for that. A nice little bonus if you're an Avengers and a Champions fan.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks again, Jaz!

Just the one mystery lady still unidentified, then... Anyone got a guest list to hand?
Last watched: "Mandrake"
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

mariocki wrote:Roger Marshall was originally on the list of guests but was unable to attend due to ill health, something which was reported on here a few days before the event IIRC.
A separate event was held with Roger Marshall later in the year, with screenings of Mandrake and The Hour That Never Was.
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

NickP wrote:
mariocki wrote:Roger Marshall was originally on the list of guests but was unable to attend due to ill health, something which was reported on here a few days before the event IIRC.
A separate event was held with Roger Marshall later in the year, with screenings of Mandrake and The Hour That Never Was.
If you mean the one at the Barbican, he didn't get to that either, and was replaced by Gerry O'Hara. I think Roger did get to a seperate event in the Chichester area though.

Regarding the mystery lady above, she looks a bit like Sylvia Syms, but I could be wrong.
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

Speed Six wrote:
NickP wrote:
If you mean the one at the Barbican, he didn't get to that either, and was replaced by Gerry O'Hara. I think Roger did get to a seperate event in the Chichester area though.
I meant the one at Chichester in August. He was very informative and generous with his time.
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

NickP wrote:
Speed Six wrote:
NickP wrote: A separate event was held with Roger Marshall later in the year, with screenings of Mandrake and The Hour That Never Was.
I meant the one at Chichester in August. He was very informative and generous with his time.
Ah - both events screened the same episodes then. Wish I could have got to the Chichester one, but I didn't hear about it in time.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

jaz wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Thanks, Jaz. I don't know what all of them did on the show (Brian Tesler, David Marshall and Alwyn Turner are mysteries to me), but it was nice to see them!

Amazed I didn't recognise John Carson, he's hardly changed.
Brian Tesler was Head of ABC TV, David Marshall a designer on the Honor Blackman series (Mandrake amongst other) and Alwyn Turner wrote a book about Terry Nation. Hope that helps.
David Marshall designed the following episodes from series 3:

The Undertakers
The Medicine Men
Dressed to Kill
Mandrake
The Outside-In Man
Esprit De Corps

Great to see these photos.

The mystery woman looks familiar to me but no idea who!:)