The Avengers - series 6 (set 5) DVD special features

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

jaz
Winged Avenger

The Avengers - series 6 (set 5) DVD special features

Post by jaz »

The Avengers - series 6 special features

• Exclusive audio commentary on Split! with director Roy Ward Baker and scriptwriter/producer Brian Clemens
• Exclusive audio commentary on Love All with scriptwriter Jeremy Burnham and guest star Veronica Strong
• Exclusive audio commentary on Killer with guest star Jennifer Croxton
• Exclusive audio commentary on The Morning After with director John Hough
• Exclusive audio commentary on Game with director Robert Fuest
• Exclusive audio commentary on Noon Doomsday with Linda Thorson stunt double Cyd Child
• Filmed introduction by Linda Thorson for the episodes The Interrogators, Love All, Take Me To Your Leader, Thingumajig, Requiem and Pandora
Introducing Linda Thorson promotional trailer
Girl About Town promotional trailer
• American shooting gallery opening credits on Split!
• American end credits for Invasion of The Earthmen
• Variant end credits for The Forget-Me-Knot
•Filmed introduction by director Cyril Frankel for Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40
• Artists test footage to find the replacement for Diana Rigg.
Featuring Lyn Ashley, Diane Clare, Susan Engel, Jane Murdoch, Valerie Van Ost, Toby Robins, Susan Travers and Wanda Ventham. Also featuring James Maxwell and Moray Watson in the role of Steed.
• Episode reconstructions for series 1 scripts The Springers, The Yellow Needle, The Far-Distant Dead and The Deadly Air
• UK animated bumper
• Granada + points for The Forget-Me-Knot
• Textless extended closing credits
• German opening and closing credits
• Insert reprint of series 6 promotional brochure
• Stills galleries
• PDF material

I ask the most stupid questions!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Artists test footage to find the replacement for Diana Rigg.
Featuring Lyn Ashley, Diane Clare, Susan Engel, Jane Murdoch, Valerie Van Ost, Toby Robins, Susan Travers and Wanda Ventham. Also featuring James Maxwell and Moray Watson in the role of Steed.

WImageW!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

Thanks, Jaz! The test footage to replace Diana, with all those actresses, seems like quite a treat!
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

Wow! Excellent features, really looking forward to this set. Shame there's no new interview with Linda but I think there's definitely more than enough to compensate, excellent work!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

But-but-but "James Maxwell and Moray Watson in the role of Steed"!

Was this for screen test purposes, so that these actress had someone to bounce off, and Pat unavailable?

Patrick wasn't leaving with Diana at one point was he?

Quick google says James Maxwell was in The Superlative Seven as Jason Wade and The Outside-In Man as Mark Charter

Moray Watson was in The Danger Makers as Peters
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:But-but-but "James Maxwell and Moray Watson in the role of Steed"!

Was this for screen test purposes, so that these actress had someone to bounce off, and Pat unavailable?

Patrick wasn't leaving with Diana at one point was he?

Quick google says James Maxwell was in The Superlative Seven as Jason Wade and The Outside-In Man as Mark Charter

Moray Watson was in The Danger Makers as Peters
James and Moray were used as Patrick wasn't available. Linda Thorson did one of her tests opposite Jeremy Burnham. It was just to see how the ladies tested against a male lead.

I ask the most stupid questions!
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Fantastic, I was really hoping for a commentary with either John Hough or Robert Fuest, brilliant to get both. I bet that Jeremy Burnham has got some great stories (if he's got a good memory with his perspective of writer and actor), wonderful to include Veronica Strong (who was also in Burnham's Children of the Stones).

Saddened that Linda Thorson isn't taking part in anything new. But the test footage will be fascinating.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Artists test footage to find the replacement for Diana Rigg.

WImageW!
Ditto. This will be fascinating to watch. Not only do we get to see the Tara prospects in action, but a couple people filling in for Steed. As someone who loved Donald Monat in the role, I'm interested to see how they fare.

Jennifer Croxton's commentary has me excited, too. Once again, I love how these sets go beyond the usual suspects and bring in people with fresh takes on the series that haven't been rehashed so many times. But it is sad Linda isn't popping up. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The Wanda Ventham test will be interesting to watch. We know her best from UFO and she was also Nurse Spray in The Gravediggers.

Her son Bendedict Cumberpatch is currently in BBC's brilliant Sherlock.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

Question for Jaz....were Linda's filmed introductions used as Granada Plus Points for the Tara episodes? I seem to remember that the Tara series had Pluspoints as well as series 5.