The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

£150 from Play.com
robmyers
Nutshell

Post by robmyers »

I wonder what that grey disk at the bottom is?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Apart from being an extra disc of goodies, we don't know yet. I'm sure we will be told in due course.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

This makes me very glad I haven't been able to buy any of the sets except the first yet for various reasons. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Well, as you can imagine, the people that have shelled out for the individual box sets are angry. Even me a little bit, and I just have the season 1/2 edition.

Hopefully the extra disc - speculation: The New Avengers: K Is For Kill remastered - will be sold separately.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
PaulGreaves
Thingumajig

Post by PaulGreaves »

Agreed. I'm furious. It's funny how the gratitude and appreciation for a company can turn almost immediately when they pull a stunt like this.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

As I said on Roobarb's, it happen to me when I was buying another series on DVD for £15-£20 a pop. Then, after about 20 releases a cut-price nicely presented box set came out. I was gutted and felt sick.

It's the extra disc and the price that's the sickner. The moral of the story is to wait I guess.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
PiCklEs
White Dwarf

Post by PiCklEs »

I see HMV now offer the set at £143.99 Be nice to know if the extras will the the same as the remastered sets already released. However I still think the design of the first UK DVDs was the best for boxes. The way the picture connects across all of the boxes still looks great on my book shelf.
PiCklEs
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Given Optimum's customer loyalty so far (i.e. the disc replacement program), I would conjecture that a postal order disc 39 is not out of the question.

Additionally- I strongly dislike those flip a page style DVD covers, both as a consumer and ex retail manager. DVD cases protect from scratching because the disc surface comes in minimal contact with the packaging. This style of case involves sliding the disc past cardboard, meaning a chance of scratching the disc every single time.

I mean, one of my Series 3 discs has a scratch on it from travelling from one DVD player to another inside it's case! It doesn't take much to scratch DVDs.
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Looks really nice, do you know if its a limited edition or is it worth holding on until the price drops?