Joanna and the Gurkhas

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Joanna and the Gurkhas

Post by DiVicenzo »

If you nip down to central London right now (10am) you will see Joanna campaigning for the Gurkhas being able to stay in the UK. All the dross they let stay in this country(most of whom live on my estate) and they won't let people who fought valiantly for this country to stay here! Just sums up our stupid idiotic stance on immigration in this country!

PS: If you turn on the BBC News now you will get see la Lumley :D
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Damn can't watch tv now, my parents are watching something and they refuse to switch over to the BBC :(
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I read it that the rules for citizenship are set out not in UK law but by the EU, but I'm no expert...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I read it that the rules for citizenship are set out not in UK law but by the EU, but I'm no expert...
Seems very unlikely, as EU countires set their own rules for citizenship, like Estonia (Eesti) which refuses to let its large Russian minority gain citizenship (even if born there) until they pass language tests.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Joanna and the Gurkhas

Post by Frankymole »

DiVicenzo wrote:If you nip down to central London right now (10am) you will see Joanna campaigning for the Gurkhas being able to stay in the UK. All the dross they let stay in this country(most of whom live on my estate) and they won't let people who fought valiantly for this country to stay here! Just sums up our stupid idiotic stance on immigration in this country!

Especially odd when every Tom Dick and Harry in Hong Kong got a British passport and the right to live here following the illegal handover to China in 1997.
DiVicenzo

Re: Joanna and the Gurkhas

Post by DiVicenzo »

Frankymole wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:If you nip down to central London right now (10am) you will see Joanna campaigning for the Gurkhas being able to stay in the UK. All the dross they let stay in this country(most of whom live on my estate) and they won't let people who fought valiantly for this country to stay here! Just sums up our stupid idiotic stance on immigration in this country!

Especially odd when every Tom Dick and Harry in Hong Kong got a British passport and the right to live here following the illegal handover to China in 1997.
Exactly Frankymole - I think our immigration has got out of hand even though my father was a Polish immigrant many moons ago - well, over 53 years ago anyway. But they let stay in terrorists and other criminals yet these men fought and some died for us - now, if that's not a good reason to let someone stay I don't know what is! How can they go back to Tiber which has been ransacked by the Chinese! Crikey! I have gona all political and I'm not political at all! Sorry :?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

What was Joanna wearing?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:What was Joanna wearing?
Clothes? Oh come on! You knew I was going to have to say it! :lol:
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

kim wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:What was Joanna wearing?
Clothes? Oh come on! You knew I was going to have to say it! :lol:

I think a black coat with a scarf and her hair tied back (not severely) - hang on- here it is again

Black coat; scarf black and various colours (she's talking on a megaphone now and shouts something out in the Tibetan language) and she has been given a gold coloured scarf! Hair in a kind of pony-tail with red 'scrunchy' (hate that word)...