Hannah Wilde 1971 Avenger girl

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Hannah Wilde 1971 Avenger girl

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I don't think any of us here were lucky enough to have seen the stage show that must have been an oasis of sorts - albeit a very brief one - for the Avengers fan. And certainly the only new Avengers production outside of South Africa between the cancellation of the original production and the start of The New Avengers.

As I was colouring the pic below in I idly wondered what kind of Avenger girl would Hannah Wilde (check spelling ... ) have made and how would Sue Lloyd have played her? For laughs? Sexy? I mean that is some cleavage - I almost rang out of flesh coloured paint! :wink:

Any thoughts, guesses ...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Perhaps she might've played her like Charlotte Rampling did... :wink:
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Possibly. I didn't care for Charlotte Rampling in that episode - she seemed too cold. Sue Lloyd, from the pics of course, seems a lot warmer - and she must be warm to wear that neckline.

I suppose not much thought would have gone into her character for just a couple of hours on stage.

More info at Alan's Classified site

It looks like a very generic 'bedroom farce' in style, but I would loved to have seen it. I quite like farces anyway ...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
supersimon
Thingumajig

Post by supersimon »

Sue Lloyd was an absolutely stunning looking woman - tall, blonde and v sexy with more than a touch of class. How she ended up doing The Stud and The Bitch (both of which show her, ahem , in the nude) is anyone's guess, but both films are grateful for her classy presence.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Sue Lloyd probably made those films because she was hard up - the same reason Joanna was making The Games That Lovers Play rubbish. They had to eat.

It's amazing how those films have since become cult classics to a small number of people.

More Sue ...

thumbnail
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

supersimon wrote:Sue Lloyd was an absolutely stunning looking woman - tall, blonde and v sexy with more than a touch of class. How she ended up doing The Stud and The Bitch (both of which show her, ahem , in the nude) is anyone's guess, but both films are grateful for her classy presence.
don't know a heck of an lot about MS.Lloyd. at least here in the states.

from what I've seen and read, she was an interesting person
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

supersimon wrote:Sue Lloyd was an absolutely stunning looking woman - tall, blonde and v sexy with more than a touch of class.
Blonde? I only know her as a brunette.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Sue looked good as blonde or brunette.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

I've often wondered what kind of Avengers girl Hannah Wilde was. It's a shame so few photographs seem to survive from the original stage play - I would have loved to see a reconstruction of that!

I agree Sue Lloyd was an absolutely stunning looking woman. She was great in The Baron, although it's a shame her character, Cordelia Winfield, never got much of a chance to be involved in the action. Had The Avengers continued into the early 1970s, and Sue/Hannah had taken over from Tara at some point, I suspect she would have been one of my favourite Avenger girls. (I even bought the best of Crossroads DVD boxset because Sue was in it! :oops: )
Paul
supersimon
Thingumajig

Post by supersimon »

Don't be embarassed - I bought The Stud and The Bitch because she was in them - and got them off!