Planned Cameos in the 1998 film

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
brynmill
Thingumajig

Planned Cameos in the 1998 film

Post by brynmill »

Was there any confirmation that Honor, Diana, Linda and Joanna were offered cameos in the 1998 Avengers film?
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

I always figured that Father could have been played by any of the three... but it was a thankless part!
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Borgus Weems wrote:I always figured that Father could have been played by any of the three... but it was a thankless part!
I totally agree. Not much to the role at all to be worth it for any of the ladies. Love Fiona Shaw, though!
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
brynmill
Thingumajig

Post by brynmill »

And the fact that Father was labelled a traitor was unforgivable. And why Mother smoked fags rather than cigars was also a big mistake.
brynmill
Thingumajig

Post by brynmill »

Joanna made some remark (was it on a WOGAN show ?) not long after the films release about being offered a cameo, but i'm not sure if she was being sarcastic.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

brynmill wrote:Joanna made some remark (was it on a WOGAN show ?) not long after the films release about being offered a cameo, but i'm not sure if she was being sarcastic.
I think she either said they couldn't afford her or she was far too busy. Yep, she was joking.

I'm fairly sure Diana was offered something. She'd have been good in the 'Alice' part.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY