What's your latest Avengers purchase?

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

What's your latest Avengers purchase?

Post by cyberrich »

What's your latest purchase? Last week I won a bid on ebay for a photocard of Gareth Hunt produced for Woolworth's when he made a personal appearance there in '79, signed by the great man himself. 8) I was really pleased to get this as Gareth's is the only Avengers autograph I haven't got (apart from Ian Hendry). It was a real bargain as well. Just over £4!
Rich.
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Well, my last The Avengers purchase was the book "Das Konzept Emma Peel - Der unerwartete Charme der Emanzipation".
It's a book about the whole character of Emma Peel. What is special, why is the character so successful,... .
It is absolutely amusing to read, even though some things I already know. It's because of the accurate and enjoying diction to describe the character, the relationship,... all in all the whole book! :D
I absolutely enjoy it.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

When I saw the thread title, it made me just think of what new items were around to buy.. and that's not overly much really! The new 50th Ann book.. the new Calendar.. and the new dvds!

But speaking of older stuff. I keep buying the odd older interesting magazine for Avengers articles.. I've been collecting TV Comics for years, and keep buying the odd (not too expensive) issue with Avengers in. Going back a few months.. I bought Andrew Pixley's Avengers Files book for a couple of quid from ebay. French version of the 'Dead Duck' novel (Canards Mortels!).. and speaking of autographs I bought the New Avengers trading card autograph chase set for a reasonable sum.. though thinking about it.. that could have been a couple of years ago. Time flies..
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I bought the second annual based on the Tara King series (published in 1969). I was lucky to pay 20 quid only ! :)
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Cybernowt wrote:The new 50th Ann book.. the new Calendar.. and the new dvds!
Yeah, they're great!
I've bought 50th Anniversary book and the new Calendar 2012! Well, the new Anniversary DVDs (complete boxes) I do not really need.
I already happy with my 2 DVD boxes of Season 4 and 5 (published 2009). 8)

Sincerely yours,
Sinu1994 Image
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

My last purchase was the 50th anniversary box set. After all the problems with faulty discs, it's great to be able to sit back and appreciate just how fantastic these remastered/restored episodes look. The Tara King episodes, which in the past have looked quite poor, are particularly stunning. Hopefully someday we'll get a remastered/restored release of The New Avengers.
Paul
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sinus1994 wrote:Well, my last The Avengers purchase was the book "Das Konzept Emma Peel - Der unerwartete Charme der Emanzipation".
It's a book about the whole character of Emma Peel. What is special, why is the character so successful,... .
Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
I've never heard of this book. My German is virtually non-existant so I wouldn't be able to read it. I did buy a French book back in the mid-90's by Eric Cazalot, which I also can't read, but fortunately it's crammed full of rare pics. 8) Rich.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

paulpdjh wrote:My last purchase was the 50th anniversary box set. After all the problems with faulty discs, it's great to be able to sit back and appreciate just how fantastic these remastered/restored episodes look. The Tara King episodes, which in the past have looked quite poor, are particularly stunning. Hopefully someday we'll get a remastered/restored release of The New Avengers.
I didn't buy the 50th set, but after waiting for the corrections, I bought the 5 individual sets from play about 2 months ago. Fantastic quality. I did email optimum about restoring TNA, but haven't heard back. If enough people email them, they might consider it a good idea. :idea: Rich.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

cyberrich wrote: I've never heard of this book. My German is virtually non-existant so I wouldn't be able to read it. I did buy a French book back in the mid-90's by Eric Cazalot, which I also can't read, but fortunately it's crammed full of rare pics. 8) Rich.
The German book must be this one : http://theavengers.fr/faq/faqbibliotheque_guides.htm#7
I kept it for the cover because the contains is like Toby Miller's book! I like best Franziska Fischer's Mrs Peel wir werden gebraucht
Carrazé's book was very expensive and only pictures are interessant : http://theavengers.fr/faq/faqbibliotheque_guides.htm#3
The best book in French is this one (and the fifth edition is due in 2012)
http://theavengers.fr/faq/faqbibliotheque_guides.htm#8
My last Avengers purchase is Optimum's season 5.
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

The New Avengers' 'House of Cards' paperback. 10 pence, I think, from a charity shop.
Last watched : Intercrime