Fashion

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

I've seen this picture before, but I can't remember where it was...
Perhaps it was printed in one of the books, was it?
But It's an interesting picture... :D
Thanks Dandy.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
mtc
Nutshell

Unkinky Boots

Post by mtc »

seventeen wrote:Anyone knows the brand of Steed chelsea boots? Always wondered if those are still being made.
I don't know if this tells us where Patrick's/Steed's boots were purchased specifically, but there's a nice discussion of him -- as well as the Beatles -- in this article on Chelsea boots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/ ... designno30

Maria
mtc
Nutshell

Unkinky Boots

Post by mtc »

seventeen wrote:Anyone knows the brand of Steed chelsea boots? Always wondered if those are still being made.
I don't know if this tells us where Patrick's/Steed's boots were purchased specifically, but there's a nice discussion of him -- as well as the Beatles -- in this article on Chelsea boots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/ ... designno30

Maria
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Sinus1994 wrote:I've seen this picture before, but I can't remember where it was...
Perhaps it was printed in one of the books, was it?
But It's an interesting picture... :D
Thanks Dandy.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
There was a postcard printed with this picture, I know. It might have popped up in one of the Rogers books, too.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
There was a postcard printed with this picture, I know. It might have popped up in one of the Rogers books, too.
It came from here. I tried to make a clearer copy.

There is a magnificent picture of LWT's window promotion of the 4th series on page 93 of The Complete Avengers. Do you have that Timeless?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote: It came from here. I tried to make a clearer copy.
Ah, there it is from. :D
If I remember correctly, it was also printed (or at least one part) in the 50th Anniversary book...
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:There is a magnificent picture of LWT's window promotion of the 4th series on page 93 of The Complete Avengers. Do you have that Timeless?
I've The Complete Avengers.
But I think the promotion was for season 4.
Well, let's see, If I can scan and post it here. :)

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
It came from here. I tried to make a clearer copy.

There is a magnificent picture of LWT's window promotion of the 4th series on page 93 of The Complete Avengers. Do you have that Timeless?
The linked one, which you used, is from the postcard, which accounts for why it's better quality than one scanned out of the Rogers books. I do have The Complete Avengers, but I haven't looked at it in awhile, and it's in storage from my last move, I'm afraid. I did think I'd seen it printed in one of the Rogers books, but I couldn't remember whether it was this one or The Ultimate Avengers--thanks for confirming I'm not imagining things! :lol:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

They certainly went to a lot of trouble using the classic Avengers font and Jean ('The Shrimp') Shrimpton photographs in Emma Peel Avengerwear.

Jean Shrimpton was a model on par with Twiggy at the time. There is currently Jean Shrimpton biopic in production starring Karen Gillan.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:They certainly went to a lot of trouble using the classic Avengers font and Jean ('The Shrimp') Shrimpton photographs in Emma Peel Avengerwear.

Jean Shrimpton was a model on par with Twiggy at the time. There is currently Jean Shrimpton biopic in production starring Karen Gillan.
It's a gorgeous display, I agree--I think they pushed the fashion line more than we realise. I've heard Joanna talk about Jean Shrimpton, so to have both her and Twiggy modelling Avengers clothes was quite a coup. I think I've seen shots of Karen Gillan in character, as well--she has bangs now, and they've been dressing her up in lots of lovely sixties clothes. 8)