corgi models.

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
steve.othen
Nutshell

corgi models.

Post by steve.othen »

Are the corgi replics still available new ? or have they now been deleted,
leaving people to trawl ebay etc, for them ?
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Corgi hasn't produced any Avengers cars in years, no. Obviously the legendary #40 giftset ceased production in the sixties. There was a Steed's Bentley in the late nineties, and the TNA Steed's Ranger Rover and Gambit's Jaguar after that. The only time I came across one of them somewhere outside ebay or a collector's shop was an FAO Schwarz in San Francisco in 2002, which had stacks of Gambit's XJS, one of which I picked up for a pretty good price--I think they were trying to unload them for new stock even then. So I'm afraid you're well over a decade too late to pick them up "new." Ebay is your best bet--there are always lots of them floating around, still boxed, usually for fairly reasonable prices. Occasionally a comic/collectables shop will have one as well--I got my Bentley that way.

Good luck! :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
steve.othen
Nutshell

Post by steve.othen »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Corgi hasn't produced any Avengers cars in years, no. Obviously the legendary #40 giftset ceased production in the sixties. There was a Steed's Bentley in the late nineties, and the TNA Steed's Ranger Rover and Gambit's Jaguar after that. The only time I came across one of them somewhere outside ebay or a collector's shop was an FAO Schwarz in San Francisco in 2002, which had stacks of Gambit's XJS, one of which I picked up for a pretty good price--I think they were trying to unload them for new stock even then. So I'm afraid you're well over a decade too late to pick them up "new." Ebay is your best bet--there are always lots of them floating around, still boxed, usually for fairly reasonable prices. Occasionally a comic/collectables shop will have one as well--I got my Bentley that way.

Good luck! :)
Ok, thanks very much for the info, i will hold out for a reasoably priced bentley on ebay i think.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

steve.othen wrote:Ok, thanks very much for the info, i will hold out for a reasoably priced bentley on ebay i think.
My pleasure. I hope you manage to find one. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
crumptonmp
White Dwarf

Post by crumptonmp »

There are corgi figures of Steed, Emma, & Gambit that came with various vehicles. As Corgi didn't release a Purdey car we never got a figure of her. Does anyone know of a suitable 'replacement' that was maybe released as something else?