The French site has...

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

Ce qui est triste de votre part Denis...
Une citation non pas par Harry / Clint, mais par quelqu'un plus sensible:
“Ego=1/Knowledge, more the knowledge lesser the ego, lesser the knowledge more the ego.”
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

Purrr wrote:Ce qui est triste de votre part Denis...
Une citation non pas par Harry / Clint, mais par quelqu'un plus sensible:
“Ego=1/Knowledge, more the knowledge lesser the ego, lesser the knowledge more the ego.”
Il devient plus triste :
« L'ancien forum sera supprimé dans quelques jours, si vous aviez des posts que vous souhaitiez rapatrier sur le nouveau forum, pensez à le faire le plus rapidement possible. »

SAD SAD SAD !!!!
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

No it's not sad, Purr/Patrick. You have to know that the story began about ten years ago. We were three : Steed 3003, Philo and myself. Philo didn't know anything about The Avengers (or any other séries) but he has some vague knowledge of informatics (quite limited because we had to hire somebody to make the hard work).
About one year ago, he sent a mail to Alan because his name was not first on the history of the website. I was quite surprised. So was Steed 3003, especially because Philo doesn't speak a single word of English.
Last July, he changed the password of the French forum and took control of it alone. A couple of weeks ago, he did the same with the website whereas he didn't write a single review. It was the last straw and we decided to take back what belongs to us.
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

denis wrote:No it's not sad, Purr/Patrick. You have to know that the story began about ten years ago. We were three : Steed 3003, Philo and myself. Philo didn't know anything about The Avengers (or any other séries) but he has some vague knowledge of informatics (quite limited because we had to hire somebody to make the hard work).
About one year ago, he sent a mail to Alan because his name was not first on the history of the website. I was quite surprised. So was Steed 3003, especially because Philo doesn't speak a single word of English.
Last July, he changed the password of the French forum and took control of it alone. A couple of weeks ago, he did the same with the website whereas he didn't write a single review. It was the last straw and we decided to take back what belongs to us.
I like to believe your story, Denis ! But you and Steed3003 created a new forum without the official confirmation that the actual forum will be closed... And calling your old companion a nitwit: “He has some vague knowledge of informatics, quite limited because we had to hire somebody to make the hard work”, is not the nicest thing to do! It all reminds me of Victor and Sherlock..
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Purrr wrote:I like to believe your story, Denis ! But you and Steed3003 created a new forum without the official confirmation that the actual forum will be closed... And calling your old companion a nitwit: “He has some vague knowledge of informatics, quite limited because we had to hire somebody to make the hard work”, is not the nicest thing to do! It all reminds me of Victor and Sherlock..
Sometimes, in life you have to make choice. We didn't want ten years of work for nothing. It's not only the forum, it's the website. Imagine that somebody took control of your site PURRR and said; 'it's mine'. What would be your reaction? Nicest thing to do ? But it's the pure truth and I'm not used to wrapping truth in silk paper when people are pulling my leg.
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

denis wrote:
Purrr wrote:I like to believe your story, Denis ! But you and Steed3003 created a new forum without the official confirmation that the actual forum will be closed... And calling your old companion a nitwit: “He has some vague knowledge of informatics, quite limited because we had to hire somebody to make the hard work”, is not the nicest thing to do! It all reminds me of Victor and Sherlock..
Sometimes, in life you have to make choice. We didn't want ten years of work for nothing. It's not only the forum, it's the website. Imagine that somebody took control of your site PURRR and said; 'it's mine'. What would be your reaction? Nicest thing to do ? But it's the pure truth and I'm not used to wrapping truth in silk paper when people are pulling my leg.
How irony, you just mentioned the one thing that happened to me, someone taking over control of a website you created with pupils (Regina Pacis)... But a website is not a forum...
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Purrr wrote:How irony, you just mentioned the one thing that happened to me, someone taking over control of a website you created with pupils (Regina Pacis)... But a website is not a forum...
So, you should understand our reaction if that has already happened to you.
As for the forum, it's the same thing. We began three. We had decided to keep the same forum, but, gradually, our options were restricted, as it has been with some users, and we decided to create a new one associated with the new website.
So far, after about a week, the new forum has been growing and more and more are leaving the 'old' one (which now looks like a sect) to join us. Anyway, the people who has some knowledge on the series The Avengers are on the new forum and that really matters.
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

denis wrote:So, you should understand our reaction if that has already happened to you.
I sincerely do NOT understand! Is it the robbed accusing the robber or the robber accusing the robbed? Who will tell the truth?
denis wrote:As for the forum, it's the same thing. We began three. We had decided to keep the same forum, but, gradually, our options were restricted, as it has been with some users, and we decided to create a new one associated with the new website.
Taking action without concent of most users? Sending this out of the blue message on 29/12/2016: "L'ancien forum sera supprimé dans quelques jours, si vous aviez des posts que vous souhaitiez rapatrier sur le nouveau forum, pensez à le faire le plus rapidement possible." (English: "The old forum will be closed in the next few days, if you have messages that you want to repost on the new forum, consider it doing as soon as possible.") IMHO it looks like GFT after the GWT!
denis wrote:So far, after about a week, the new forum has been growing and more and more are leaving the 'old' one (which now looks like a sect) to join us. Anyway, the people who has some knowledge on the series The Avengers are on the new forum and that really matters.
Actually I don't care about the 'old' or the 'new' but calling YOUR 'old' forum a sect is quite out of line, isnt' it! But no fear according to you the majority of the professionals are on the 'new' forum, so I must be completely ignorant concerning that television series. What's it called, Chapeau and something else ... I already forgot... damn me …
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Sincerely, Purr aka Patrick, by what right can you write such nonsense?
What do you know about the situation of the site and the French forum to make such a statement? Look at the names of the authors of the articles and if you can read, you will have no trouble knowing who was stolen.
Find a single article written by the one you defend without knowing. I am a founding member of the site and the forum since its creation. There were three of us, and we decided to take back what was stolen from us with the consent of the majority of the members as evidenced by the many messages of support received.
You write without knowing anything about the situation ... In this case, it would better to abstain instead of being ridiculous...damn me...
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

le lien du 1er site fonctionne toujours et semble actif , il s'est passé quoi?

bon je me suis enregistré sur celui ci aussi