Subversive Champagne

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Subversive Champagne

Post by Rodders »

Have been away from this lovely site for a long time, writing a book of intertwined short stories. These have now been published and I'm now half way through a book on the Avengers Season 4 entitled Subversive Champagne. It's an exploration of some of the episodes in the Rigg b/w season. It will be published by Amazon. The episodes explored are The Town of No Return, The Murder Market, Dial A Deadly Number, Death at Bargain Prices, The Cybernauts, Silent Dust, The Hour that Never Was, and one other. The idea of the book is to explore how the show combined light-hearted froth with something more experimental, innovative and, at times, quite disturbing.
Last edited by Rodders on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Welcome back. What happened to your original membership?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

It wouldn't let me back in. Electronic sulking perhaps.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Ah, I see. I had a near miss when I dared to change my email address on my profile. Luckily Mr Hayes sorted me out, nice chap that he is.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Looking forward to the book, Rodney. Great idea.

If you'd like us to take a look at your original login, just drop me a PM and I'll sort things for you.

Best,

Alan
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

thanks. The book may be ready fairly soon, after all. I decided to add The Gravediggers which I had stupidly dismissed initially.
Last edited by Rodders on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:It wouldn't let me back in. Electronic sulking perhaps.
exactly! ..gotta love the modern hi tech logic....lol
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

It's Rodney Marshall here. I hope everyone is well. Ahead of schedule I have completed my book on The Avengers Season 4. It is out on Tuesday, exclusively on Amazon, entitled Subversive Champagne. It is dedicated to both my father and to David K Smith. It also has a plug for this wonderful website, as you will see if you buy a copy! It is relatively short, with no photos, factual details etc. - which are covered in so many other places. I hope people will find it interesting. It might even re-energise a few dormant debates! One of the benefits of virtual publishing is that if I have got anything wrong and some kind person corrects me, Amazon can take the book off sales for a few minutes and correct it. Nine episodes are covered in detail, with an endnote explaining why I don't consider A Touch of Brimstone to be 'subversive champagne'. I'm afriad it is not currently available as a Kindle download due to the tax implications. I will try to correct this at some stage. Call me old-fashioned but I still prefer holding a book in my hands. Can you imagine Steed with a Kindle?
warmest regards,
Rodney
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I can't find it. I did a search under "Subversive Champagne" and "Rodney Marshall" but no joy. Have you got a link?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

It won't appear until I have approved the copy and format which I'm doing right now. It should show up this evening or tomorrow morning.