How do you watch??

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
XR40
Nutshell

How do you watch??

Post by XR40 »

Just wondered how everyone watches The Avengers? Is the concensus to watch episodes as your whim dictates or to watch in order from the beginning (of the surviving episodes) through to the last TNA episode. I like the continuity and prefer to watch them in order. Takes ages but that way at least you give them all an airing and see how the series developed. In my current 'run' I am up to 'A Sense of History', so still some way to go. (Can't wait to get to Tara again!!!).
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I haven't watched an episode in years, but when I did, it was pretty much whatever I was in the mood for, except perhaps if I had a new set of DVDs, in which case I probably watched them in set order at the time. I recently bought the complete remastered set, so this summer I'm planning on doing a production order watch for the first time, from Dr. Keel to TNA. I'm really looking forward to it, as I've tried to watch seasons in production order before, and always ended up going off-track. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dfrise
Thingumajig

Avenger watching

Post by Dfrise »

I watch them in order and I limit the viewing to one episode per week. It takes years to get through everything. But it's better that way. You don't remember everything about the episodes.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I haven't watched an episode in years :wink:
Are you kidding?
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

I have watched them in order, but now prefer to watch two episodes from different eras together - usually Cathy and Emma episodes one week, Tara and TNA the next.
Paul
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dan wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I haven't watched an episode in years :wink:
Are you kidding?
No, the last time I watched the show must have been when I got the season 2 Optimum set and watched the lot--probably 2010. Before that I hadn't watched much for a few years a well. I watched the show quite heavily for awhile there. Eventually the episodes need a break. I'm looking forward to watching the new set because everything will be fresh again.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

We watch an episode every Saturday evening and it could be any one. Been doing this for a couple of years or so!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

paulpdjh wrote:I have watched them in order, but now prefer to watch two episodes from different eras together - usually Cathy and Emma episodes one week, Tara and TNA the next.

some times...I like to watch 'em in the order that were done...but as of late, simply choose certain episodes...from the misc seasons...to enjoy
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

I often have a manic blitz with five in a week, then months without one. When I was writing the Emma Peel-era book, I actually found it easier to 'study' on the computer screen rather than the TV. Herein lies a problem: I can't simply watch one anymore! I end up analysing it.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

I watch them in the order they are on the DVDs cos I'm lazy. Haven't watched any DVD for 20 months. Too much new stuff on telly
Last watched : Intercrime