Steedumbrella: The Avengers in Russia

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

ignore
Last watched: "Mandrake"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Frankymole wrote:ignore
Сompletely or partly? :wink:
Denis
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

denis rigg wrote:
Haha, just that post :)

I thought I'd spotted an Avengers track on a 1993 compilation of stuff like Gerry Anderson shows, but looking at your page for the year, three times!, showed me you already had it. I knew you would be comprehensive :)

And that is a lovely cover with Emma on blue.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Frankymole wrote:
denis rigg wrote:
Haha, just that post :)

I thought I'd spotted an Avengers track on a 1993 compilation of stuff like Gerry Anderson shows, but looking at your page for the year, three times!, showed me you already had it. I knew you would be comprehensive :)

And that is a lovely cover with Emma on blue.
Ha, I try to do this extensively although some things are not going as well as planned for the reason that I found that I didn’t have scans for some of the editions I thought I had :lol: (mainly for the reason that when the site was on old hostings, I compressed many images to save space and did not save the original images, thinking that it would not be difficult to find it later on the Internet - I was wrong. Fortunately, I still have some rarities of those times, I found on the Internet). :wink:
Actually I can’t wait until I finally move on to vinyls for Avengers theme, since these CD editions over the past 20 years are no longer so interesting (regular collections with the same performers of the avengers theme or something new, but not intriguing with rare exceptions).

Dream: I just thought that this lovely cover with Emma on blue could be for example in a new collection from Art&Hue (in their new development of artistic delights for The Avengers). :)
Last edited by denis rigg on Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, it is getting strange how many common internet pages and images aren't kept - including on Wayback Machine. Sound files too. There are some really common recordings from the 1990s like the vocal versions of the Professionals theme tune by Laurie Johnson which I bought in a major high street chain (Woolworths) as a chart single and which are nowhere to be found on the net now. The risk of a "technological Dark Age" where electronic records are lost to posterity is very real.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

CDs from 2008:

https://steedumbrella.ru/en_CDs_TV_seri ... _2008.html

One of the attractive CD of this year is the edition with two Roland Shaw's albums which were released in the distant past on vinyls. :P

Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:Dear Denis,
You English is just perfect! That was most interesting to hear. YOu are clearly a creative thinker and communicate very well. i don't speak Russian and could not communicate a thing to you, so we are all impressed I think.
I am so glad to hear the new generation is not burdened with the past in general. Well except the group you say that will agree or disagree with the old timers. I guess it is hard to change for the old timers that want to return to the past they know than the future they are frightened of.
By the way, what is the older generations rational for wanting to return to communism and what is their fear with the new regime?
Well I guess my next question can be what brand of toothpaste you use! LOL!

i have to tell you. I had a friend visit Russia who brought back the best tasting chocolate bar I ever tasted! I was impressed!

Excellent! I will not more go back to notion its knowledges of the English language. :D

So, there are several items that can be identified with reference to the rationality of the older generation to communism:

1. Cohesion of the people, the existence of the people as a whole without the need for social control, and, in main, for protection from destruction of the system of restraint on the part of the dangerous and original thinking.
Cruel? But this is a communism!
2. Outside the system of communism - degradation of the person, because, in their view, a person becomes free - it turns into some sort of obsessed with freedom, he thinks, how he wants, thereby associate an anarchist.
3. The preservation of cultural values ​​of the past and the eradication of the factors leading to change. That is the world without change. :lol:
4. Need to be treated equally, to avoid a war in own system. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We can see how Communism was acting against the people and promote their interests to the total power. They showed obvious western abominations and it worked. When the Iron Curtain fell, I saw something that struck me - was normal around the world and people have lived their interests. It was similar to what if our country for many years been involved in some global play and when the play was over, there was time to go to the exit.
Well, the play was funny. :D

The Fear of the older generation with the new regime?

Based on the answer to the first question, I see the older generation and the people that listen to this - there fear the collapse of their country and the destruction of cultural property from the West. They also believe that the West in the near future will be to control their interests, and this will lead to a complete degeneration of the Russian as an independent nation.

Well I guess my next question can be what brand of toothpaste you use!

Well, you is right, if we delve in contemporary life in Russia, we, ten to one, come to this subject. :D

I had a friend visit Russia who brought back the best tasting chocolate bar I ever tasted! I was impressed!

Oh, you rated it? Yes, it is. The old russian factory "Red October", producing candy and chocolate is one of the best in the world and once you try it, you will not forget ever.
For food products, in Russia there are many memorable things. Chicken sausage, fish products, ice creams, cakes, sweets for tea, etc. Never get tired of it. :)

Oh man, that chocolate sounds right up my alley.....lol.....and cripes, don't let my wife get ahold of some...she'll go hog wild......
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Ha, but I think that it would not appear so much as in Soviet times when the quality of Red October was better. :)
The current generation already understands less why there are still many names in Russia that refer either to the times of the October Revolution like Red October or the communist system like Young household troops. :D Indeed, the country has existed for many years and you still see these special accents for the last century in Russia, as if this is the main thing that people should know. :D :D :D
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

CDs from 2009:

https://steedumbrella.ru/en_CDs_TV_seri ... _2009.html

Unexpectedly, the work on this page took a lot of time. For the sake of curiosity, I checked the further course of events for the section and noticed that since 2013 the number of CDs with the Avengers theme will drop sharply.
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:CDs from 2009:

https://steedumbrella.ru/en_CDs_TV_seri ... _2009.html

Unexpectedly, the work on this page took a lot of time. For the sake of curiosity, I checked the further course of events for the section and noticed that since 2013 the number of CDs with the Avengers theme will drop sharply.
everything does run it's course...etc