Steedumbrella: The Avengers in Russia

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

We can salute the bravery of ordinary Russians (or rather, extraordinary!) who stand up for freedom and non-violence. Not all Russians are bad, they have a bad dictator in charge and some kleptocrats supporting him.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Fortunate, part of the common people with brains able to analyze information outside the media more or less in the right direction. Not many nations are bad, just some probably have a bad dictator in charge and some kleptocrats supporting him. :)

Oh, the situation is of course serious, but it is simply amazing what we have seen in the politics of a number of countries lately. :(
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Fortunate, part of the common people with brains able to analyze information outside the media more or less in the right direction. Not many nations are bad, just some probably have a bad dictator in charge and some kleptocrats supporting him. :)

Oh, the situation is of course serious, but it is simply amazing what we have seen in the politics of a number of countries lately. :(
I couldn't have stated its, any better....everyone don't get overwhelm, by fake news, or doublespeak...and engage common sense...as this will eventually settle down....etc
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:
denis rigg wrote:Fortunate, part of the common people with brains able to analyze information outside the media more or less in the right direction. Not many nations are bad, just some probably have a bad dictator in charge and some kleptocrats supporting him. :)

I couldn't have stated its, any better....everyone don't get overwhelm, by fake news, or doublespeak...and engage common sense...as this will eventually settle down....etc
Many thanks, Nick, for these gold words. We are definitely on the same wavelength with this. :wink:
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I have removed my more incendiary posts and their responses, and the whole of the other thread.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:I have removed my more incendiary posts and their responses, and the whole of the other thread.
Thanks for the some changes on forum now, I just thought I was getting really carried away off the main topic of the forum.
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

My father just died and it's made me easily riled up.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:My father just died and it's made me easily riled up.
Your father just died? :shock: :o :( :( :( That's just terrible. Real personal tragedy.

I wouldn't want to bother you, Piers, although I'm curious what happened - age?

Deep condolences to you and your family. I wish you many good memories of your father and to keep your health.

:( :( :( :(
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

All my sympathy, love and thoughts on your loss Piers. Hang in there.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:My father just died and it's made me easily riled up.
very sorry to hear about this..it's never easy losing a parent..or both parents.

we are never really prepared for it, when it happens...myself, both of my parents are gone. 1976 & 1982. if they were around today, my dad would be 112..and mother 106........sad foot note ..is that I outlived everyone else in
my family. two brothers, two sisters. all gone now.....so I can certainly understand being on edge about your dad's passing.

don't let it get you down...my friend...and take care.