Emma Peel Megaset US Rerelease

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Emma Peel Megaset US Rerelease

Post by Borgus Weems »

Read about it here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Avenge ... aset/18758

I sure wish it was all the Avengers plus New Avengers megaset...
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Re: Emma Peel Megaset US Rerelease

Post by anti-clockwise »

Borgus Weems wrote:Read about it here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Avenge ... aset/18758

I sure wish it was all the Avengers plus New Avengers megaset...
Truly amazing. It's long overdue.But the problem is still that the other 88 episodes are missing. Oh plus TNA :roll:
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Brisco
Nutshell

Post by Brisco »

So they're using Optimum's cover scheme... Anyone know if they're using Optiumum's BONUS MATERIAL, too??? I hope so!
Go beyond The Avengers! Visit my spy blog, The Double O Section.
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

It looks like a misleading repackaging. If those were the remastered version, they would not come as half the price of the UK set.

Also, EP years are 2 seasons, not three.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

seventeen wrote:It looks like a misleading repackaging. If those were the remastered version, they would not come as half the price of the UK set.

Also, EP years are 2 seasons, not three.
They're probably following David K. Smith's pattern for the season breaks - a theory I disagree with, but an odd choice to go against the way in which the series has been marketed everywhere else in the world.

Can't imagine that they'll still be using the old masters, even if the new ones are not entirely perfect either.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: Emma Peel Megaset US Rerelease

Post by Alan »

anti-clockwise wrote:Truly amazing. It's long overdue.But the problem is still that the other 88 episodes are missing. Oh plus TNA :roll:
I suspect that now this one's announced, the other series will follow. Historically, the Emma Peel series have always been marketed first in the USA.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Brisco wrote:So they're using Optimum's cover scheme... Anyone know if they're using Optiumum's BONUS MATERIAL, too??? I hope so!
That's what I was wondering. This is the first time an A&E Avengers release has adopted someone else's packaging scheme--they stuck to their designs all the way from the VHS releases to the second version of the Megaset. Maybe region one will finally catch up. Though from what they've said so far, it sounds like it's a straight rerelease of the old megaset.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Though from what they've said so far, it sounds like it's a straight rerelease of the old megaset.
That's it, Jay, I also thought about it. :D
We will wait for the general list of characteristics of DVD-box, but I think there will not be anything new. Simply, repacking.
Denis
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

The characteristic are given in the presse release. No mention of a remastering = repackaging. It's worded quite clearly. I smell a last release before they lose the rights and someone else put out the remastered stuff.

As for the 3 seasons thing, this is absurd, A&E always sold this stuff as two seasons, as do the english, as do the french etc.

If they are following here the american seasons, then the third Diana Rigg season has to includes 6 extra Tara episodes as well, with the US opening orange credits. That would make it 57 episodes instead of 51.

That silly season extra theory is just fans wish. I worked with StudioCanal and they double checked with me, early when they released the series, that the Emma Peel would still be regarded as two seasons only to avoid confusion.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

seventeen wrote:The characteristic are given in the presse release. No mention of a remastering = repackaging. It's worded quite clearly. I smell a last release before they lose the rights and someone else put out the remastered stuff.
But they lost the rights five years ago. This is clearly a new licensing.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger