4%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 25

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

4.19 - Quick-Quick Slow Death

Post by peabody »

Discuss, review and rate Quick-Quick Slow Death, produced c. Monday 25th October 1965 to c. Friday 12th November 1965.

Teleplay by Robert Banks Stewart
Directed by James Hill
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I absolutely adore this episode. Great comic scenes for both of our stars, together and separate: Emma's scenes with Piedi and the tattooist, Steed's scenes with the banker, the entire final dance and fight sequence. A light, frothy episode with a strong secondary cast (including Mr. Honor Blackman). So much fun.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Agreed, an episode with a lot of entertainment value, a lot of effort put in by the cast, and some interesting angles as examined by the gorgeous essay in the "Bright Horizons" book.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:Agreed, an episode with a lot of entertainment value, a lot of effort put in by the cast, and some interesting angles as examined by the gorgeous essay in the "Bright Horizons" book.
Thank you, Franky! :D It's a really enjoyable episode, and it tends to slip through the cracks as it were, compared to some of season four's heavy-hitters. But there's lots to recommend it, and everyone involved seems to be having fun.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I gave 5
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

After the disappointment of "The 13th Hole" I was a bit nervous of the next one. The rest of the family had no appetite for watching it with me.

Although similar in tone I found this episode was on a completely different level. Lots of humour, wacky characters and situations and great pace. And most importantly, unlike the previous effort, a solid premise (by TA standards).

8 from me, I feel we're back on track.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

The closing scene in which Steed and Mrs. Peel dance their elegant way into some sort of cloud-like oblivion is iconic to all romantically inclined fans, myself included.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Great story, very amusing, Steed is gorgeous, sexual innuendos, just great all around!
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Love this episode. Dances, nice music, good action, style and performers. Many fun scenes: Chester walks from room to room :lol: , Steed in bank, husky voice of Captain Noble, dialogues of Steed with Lucille Banks, etc... Memorable scene: Steed opens the door on the upper floor leading to the street.

Dear fans, welcome to last news about versions of episode "Quick-Quick Slow Death" (Post dated by Dec 01, 2016). :

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... rsfanforum

P.S./
I remember Quick-Quick Slow Death was by the episode when Sergey Pronin, a member of Steedumbrella, said when watching for first time: "I have to admit, founding I like the fourth season is much more than a fifth." :D
Denis
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I'm re-watching season 4 and today I watched this one. It's a terrific episode and I find I actually love it more with each viewing. When I first watched this season on Channel 4 in 1984, I thought this episode was good but not one of the standouts. Over the years however, QQSD has climbed higher and higher up my list. Everyone seems to be having great fun in this episode which I find very contagious! 10 out of 10.