No votes
4%
4%

Total votes: 24

dissolute
The Ministry

Re: The £50,000 Breakfast

Post by dissolute »

QueenOfSin wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:59 pm Actually yes thinking about it she neither confirms nor denies it. Although climbing the clock tower would be very good practice for her future work :lol:. Would silk or satin knickers shine in the sun so brightly you could see them glinting?! Also she says 'I could see the sun glinting off it', but if they were knickers wouldn't she say 'off them'? :?

One thing that I noticed with this episode is how unconcerned the pair of them are, particularly Emma. When she's found out in her ruse as a kennel maid her 'oh well where's Steed' attitude sounds almost jokey as if they're playing hide and seek and she's been discovered rather than at the hands of some dangerous gun wielding criminals! She doesn't seem to be worried or take them seriously even though these people are actually so ruthless and deadly serious they've murdered at least two others and were even prepared to kill a harmless innocent dog just to stop it's hair being traced to them.
unmnetionable.png
unmnetionable.png (45.71 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Yes it must be a chamberpot then. One of the few references to a toilet in The Avengers!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

I could never get into this one, I've tried many times. It bores me to tears and I don't really get.
QueenOfSin
Nutshell

Post by QueenOfSin »

Wow where did you manage to find a script?! Definitely not knickers then as they aren't referred to as it. A guzzunder does sound plausible though, it's the sort of thing you can see someone doing for a dare or a laugh :D.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Avengerholic wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:42 am I could never get into this one, I've tried many times. It bores me to tears and I don't really get.
When cjwho (Charles and Jason, I think, the brothers) were doing their YouTube reaction to Bullseye they reacted negatively to all the boardroom stuff about stocks and shares. I can't wait to see what they make of this one or Death of a Great Dane!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

actually, not a bad episode...much better than some of us fans, would admit...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

QueenOfSin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:25 am Wow where did you manage to find a script?! Definitely not knickers then as they aren't referred to as it. A guzzunder does sound plausible though, it's the sort of thing you can see someone doing for a dare or a laugh :D.
Most of the scripts are available as extras on the DVD & Blu-ray releases of late but I also have a large number of documents from private collectors and the ABC archives. I think I have everything that is known to still exist.
I've put a lot of the scripts on my Avengers website but still have to upload series 4-6 - it's the least represented, and is mostly just dialogue sheets. :(
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Frankymole wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:48 pm
Avengerholic wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:42 am I could never get into this one, I've tried many times. It bores me to tears and I don't really get.
When cjwho (Charles and Jason, I think, the brothers) were doing their YouTube reaction to Bullseye they reacted negatively to all the boardroom stuff about stocks and shares. I can't wait to see what they make of this one or Death of a Great Dane!
Uh oh... so they've got to it. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm anxious.

Rhonda
Epic

Re: 5.20 - The £50,000 Breakfast

Post by Rhonda »

The Avengers clip chosen for last nights new "The Greatest TV of the '60's" documentary on Channel 5 was Emma's fight by the car boot in The £50,000 Breakfast; not a bad choice!
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Allard
The Ministry

Re: 5.20 - The £50,000 Breakfast

Post by Allard »

Rhonda wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:51 am The Avengers clip chosen for last nights new "The Greatest TV of the '60's" documentary on Channel 5 was Emma's fight by the car boot in The £50,000 Breakfast; not a bad choice!
I saw this was one, I wondered whether The Avengers (and similar tv series) were featured. Thanks for informing us.