No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

5.17 - Death's Door

Post by peabody »

Discuss, review and rate Death's Door, production completed Thursday 7th June 1967.

Teleplay by Philip Levene
Directed by Sidney Hayers
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Death's door is another of my favourite type of Avengers episode, the psychological thriller. This has a very clever script and is beautifully filmed, particularly the 'dream' sequences. Very Hitchcockian in it's presentation, and slightly ahead of it's time too. 8) A well earned 10/10 :!: Rich.
Topaze
Nutshell

Post by Topaze »

I watched it again this afternoon, so great episode :D
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I gave 4
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Strange Young Man
Little Wonder

Post by Strange Young Man »

Just got to this one on the Blu-ray set and this episode is just stellar! I wish more of season five had this tone and were executed as stylishly. All the planets seemed to align with this one; nothing struck me as a weak point and it's actually very revealing of how weak some of the earlier episodes are in series five.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Strange Young Man wrote:Just got to this one on the Blu-ray set and this episode is just stellar! I wish more of season five had this tone and were executed as stylishly. All the planets seemed to align with this one; nothing struck me as a weak point and it's actually very revealing of how weak some of the earlier episodes are in series five.
I completely agree- this is my favorite season 5 episode. Season 5 in my opinion got better as it progressed.
peabody

Post by peabody »

Agreed. Love this one, and the nightmare sequences are terrific! I enjoy the less serious episodes as well, but this one just hits the spot. 9/10 (although I regret not giving it a 10/10 now).
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

I thought I had rated all the S5 episodes when I watched the Blu-rays but evidently not.

I've just watched this on the ITV4 afternoon repeats. Very enjoyable although I found the storyline a little hackneyed.

7/10

I noticed an interesting blooper in the scene where Steed's Bentley runs out of control. I'll look for a thread for goofs).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

one of the better episodes of that season..good pacing..
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Ian Wegg wrote: I noticed an interesting blooper in the scene where Steed's Bentley runs out of control. I'll look for a thread for goofs).
There used to be a whole website for goofs and blunders in The Avengers, but sadly I think it's now defunct? Though might be readable using the Wayback Machine. I lost some bookmarks when an old computer died but will have a look for it.
Last watched: "Mandrake"