6%
6%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I have to see that episode now of NCIS. Do you recall when it was on. Thanks for the info. Truly strange the similarities.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
stevec
Nutshell

CSI

Post by stevec »

Steve C
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Thank you so much!! I saw the youtube and wow it sure looks like a remake in many ways of The Avengers. Will look at the show itself when I have more time. Is there humour in the NCIS or maybe just implied humour in the subject matter?
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

NCIS has a couple of great things about it, including David McCallum of "Sapphire and Steel"/"The Man from UNCLE" fame. I prefer to the CSI shows.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I gave 8
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

A nice episode, but overall seems to fail a bit. The theme is a good pick, nannies is a very British (and upper class) thing. I could actually see this one working very well as a Peel monochrome or Tara King era episode.

Paul Eddington is superb as an infantile man.
Paul Hardwick as Webster looks like an entry in a Brezhnev look-a-like competition, he indeed got to play him and a Russian high ranking politician in Octopussy.

It just misses some spectacular and the bad editing or last minute fixing op plot holes makes it an uneasy episode.

Definitely something went wrong. Steed is suddenly back at the nanny school and knows Wilmot is next and Miss Lister knows Steed is there, we don't see this.

Penelope Keith was edited out.

Reading Dave Rogers book reveals that the others probably did not have a "regressing to childhood" scene, but Emma did! Where in the final episode Emma has the shortest regression of all. Furthermore the episode seems as tad low on Emma scenes.

So I'm speculating that the Emma hallucination scene was cut, either in writing or after filming. Was it to risqué for the American market? Or too much hallucination, making it linked to drug use? (I'm just speculating. )

It would explain the unevenness in the episode.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I can't say I noticed any little holes in the plot, but I suppose, with the number of times the great bouncy ball scene occurs, they just had to cut something else! The scenes are funny each time and Clive Dunn is good. It's a pity, though, that there wasn't time for Penelope Keith's scene(s); she was great in 'Take Me To Your Leader'.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death