6.25 - Stay Tuned

Post by peabody »

Discuss, review and rate Stay Tuned.

Written by Tony Williamson
Directed by Don Chaffey
supersimon
Thingumajig

Post by supersimon »

Now this is a terrific episode, moody music, great acting and genuine suspense. Clever opening and proper villains, Kate O Mara really is good here. Nice idea with Father replacing Mother, more in keeping with the Avengers than her male doppelganger
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I love it when The Avengers does psychologically disturbing. This episode has some really surreal moments. Steed conditioned to not see his stalker is such a creepy idea done really well.

It's nice for Mother to take a break and Father turn up (You have to wonder if Grandmother was a child??). It's clear that the Organisation has an equal opportunities programme. :)

I like the use of The Joker incidental music which fits so well.

Don Chaffey's direction is very strong. I love his work on The Prisoner so it's nice to finally get him on the final season of The Avengers.

9/10
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Agree. THis was a good one with Steed conditioned not to see his enemy. And the beginning forgetting that he just took a vacation. 9/10.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

The psychological thrillers are among my favourite episodes of the Avengers. My wildest dream is another classic in this genre, but Stay tuned is my favourite one in this style, and a contender for best ever Tara. 10/10 :!: I only wish there'd been more of this type of episode.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

wonderful, inventive, innovative, formula-defying. Best Tara, or one of.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

My number 1 episode of The Avengers from any season. Just brilliant.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

This is a great episode with Tara. Always in the top three of my favorite episodes of season 6. :)
I remember a funny situation with "Stay Tuned" when I first recorded it from TV on videotape. Scene when Steed got in effect of deja vu forced ​​me to think that the TV network mistakenly started to show episode from the intro and I was about to stop recording. Nevertheless, I did not - decided that it would be nice to have such a distorted recording. :lol:

Episode which once again proves that Tony Williamson - a strong writer. I like almost all of his scripts for The Avengers.
Denis
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

Wonderfully spooky atmosphere and a pretty good plot line. The whistling scene is particularly creepy. This is the Forget Me Knot done properly in my opinion. Loses a point though for the ending (when exactly does Steed break his conditioning?) and the wasting of Roger Delgardo as the Master... sorry as Kreer (come it is an amazing foreshadowing of Delgardo's Master, I wonder if Letts, Holmes or Dicks had seen this episode?).
8/10
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

5 from me. Like Tara's patience.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death