You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The boys have reached this episode now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm5iK_27Bbw
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Despite the circus setting I quite liked this one. It lacks the eccentricity or Avengerishness but judged as a thriller it is well done. With some outside camera work and some real circus shots incorporated, this wasn't done quick, cheap nor unimaginative. Combined with the absence of Steed it makes you feel even less that your watching an Avengers episode, yet some of the tone of the show is already there. Ingrid Hafner having an actual part in the case in stead of being a female onlooker is one of these and noteworthy.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: 1.06 - Girl on the Trapeze

Post by darren »

Youtube Reactor Marie-Clare's World has recently watched this episode as she makes her way through season one:

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: 1.06 - Girl on the Trapeze

Post by Frankymole »

I've been following her on Patreon and she's started to click with the audios of the missing episodes, which is very gratifying.

As a "true fan", of course I listened to the audio recreations of the three completely-existing first season video episodes as well! But I wouldn't expect Marie-Claire too. That way lies madness :)

She's a huge fan of Jon Pertwee's era of Doctor Who, so it was nice seeing her react to Roger Delgado's first Avengers story Crescent Moon. She'll be amazed when she gets to the one with both the Master and the Rani! (Stay Tuned?)
Last watched: "Mandrake"