Epic

Post by Rhonda »

6 for me
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

10 from me! Great fun. My only small quibble is the end of the episode seems abrupt. A tag scene would have made for a tidier conclusion. The original Cybernauts remains by far the best of the 3, but this one is on a par with Return of the Cybernauts. Rich.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I probably can't vote on this one as i only saw the first half on youtube last week before they withdrew it. It had some good moments but overall a guy in a wheelchair who is that powerful is hard to believe let alone the masks he wore. But even just the beginning where they were singing Happy Birthday to Steed being an Avengers fan was cool to watch. Wish i could have seen the ending but I have now ordered the UK DVD's so will have more to comment on.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

cyberrich wrote:10 from me! Great fun. My only small quibble is the end of the episode seems abrupt. A tag scene would have made for a tidier conclusion. The original Cybernauts remains by far the best of the 3, but this one is on a par with Return of the Cybernauts. Rich.
Love Purdey at her ballet barre and Gambit teasingly reminding her that she never mentions Emma Peel !
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Was Purdey jealous of Emma Peel ? If so, why ?
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

shaunodan wrote:Was Purdey jealous of Emma Peel ? If so, why ?
I always thought that Gambit's "You never mention Emma Peel" was more of a universal "we never mention Emma Peel" and that he was admonishing her for bringing it up.

Given that Steed makes it through the whole episode without saying her name, I got the sense that there was a general bar on talking about her in his presence. Also note that no one pushes the "Cybernaut" over, as they do in the two previous episodes - it was Emma's turn.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Steed keeps pictures of Emma, Tara and Cathy on display in his living room, so I don't think there's a ban on talking about them (indeed, Susie his girlfriend talks about them). I thought Gambit's "tut, tut" was just teasing Purdey that Purdey never mentions Emma (through jealousy, for Emma having been Steed's soulmate?).
Last watched: "The Secrets Broker"
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I don't think he ever mentions her name, except when he calls her in K is For Kill and both his partners seem surprised that he's talking with her.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Lhbizness wrote:
shaunodan wrote:Was Purdey jealous of Emma Peel ? If so, why ?
I always thought that Gambit's "You never mention Emma Peel" was more of a universal "we never mention Emma Peel" and that he was admonishing her for bringing it up.

Given that Steed makes it through the whole episode without saying her name, I got the sense that there was a general bar on talking about her in his presence. Also note that no one pushes the "Cybernaut" over, as they do in the two previous episodes - it was Emma's turn.
I think they don't push the Cybernaut over because it's an actual person--Kane--rather than a robot this time. Even if he's evil, having the heroes of your show tipping him over at the end would look kind of cruel and petty.

And I'm pretty sure when Gambit says "you" he means Purdey herself not mentioning Emma, because she's a bit jealous of her legendary status. She seems surprised when Steed phones up Emma, but Gambit's pretty relaxed about it, as though it doesn't surprise him in the least. I've often speculated why that is--I'd like to think he's actually crossed paths with her in some capacity in the past. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14