5%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 20

cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I have to say Alex, that yes, Target does have one of the most obvious causes of so called mysterious deaths in the entire series. I have to agree with Rodney in that plot usually plays second fiddle to style in the Avengers, and also the chemistry between the stars, and not to mention the willing suspension of our disbelief. The plots of The Avengers possibly don't warrant too much scrutiny, but the plots are unique in their bizarre otherworldliness. The type of plots that you rarely, if ever, find in any other series. :)
Spaceship Dispatcher
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Spaceship Dispatcher »

Rodders wrote:Alex is right to point out the plot weakness, but doesn't every Avengers episode have these?
No, I don't think they do! Clues usually have to be followed to reach the answers by means of investigation, but here the answers are in the possession of the characters at the start and no investigation is required. I generally find the show very well written, and the characters for me stand out as intelligent heroes - especially the likes of Cathy Gale. The stupidity of not only Gambit but unforgivably Steed required for this episode to last longer than five minutes is, in my opinion, uncommon. This episode strikes me personally as shallow and repetitive, though I appreciate that others find things to recommend it.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Awesome, as close to the parent series as The New Avengers ever got. I never tire of watching this one. 10/10.