Epic

Post by Rhonda »

7 for me
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I thought this one was rather good. Lots of good dialogue. The only thing that buffed me was that Steed went to the Farm knowing there was danger, but then agreed to get an injection. Just doesn't seem in cahracter for him. Especially after what he went through on his vacation during the Avengers. Wasn't that one Stay Tuned? You would think he would have learned about mind control by now. Other wise a most brilliant episode.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

Perhaps I've been a bit harsh but ...

I mentioned before I'm not convinced that removing the mystery around The Avengers' organisation was a good idea, and now week after week we see a completely different set of bosses and colleagues, one of which will be Steed's oldest friend. And the "sleeper" theme is really done to death. I suppose that is a complaint on the series as a whole and I shouldn't really take it out on this particular episode, especially as ITV4 seem to be showing them in a strange order.

I was going to give it a 5 but uprated it to slightly above average for the appearance of the fabulous early ICL mainframe.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

10, with Caroline Munro !
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

denis wrote:10, with Caroline Munro !
Agreed ! Purdey seemed to find her quite a handful but certainly showed she was even more ruthless dealing with female villains 8) Anyone know which Avenger Girl tackled the most female villains ? Which female villain was the most impressive ?
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

7. I get tired of the "sleeper agent" theme like everyone else, but it has a number of clever moments, including the entire sequence where Steed is trapped in the maze. I also like the final scene between him and Purdey (haha, Gambit).
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

(haha Gambit) says Lhbizness :wink: Was Purdey more jealous of Steeds involvement with other women than she was of Gambits ? In Midas Touch Purdey says to Steed he's becoming a roué after the lady he banters with has left ! What does this say about Purdey ?
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

shaunodan wrote:(haha Gambit) says Lhbizness :wink: Was Purdey more jealous of Steeds involvement with other women than she was of Gambits ? In Midas Touch Purdey says to Steed he's becoming a roué after the lady he banters with has left ! What does this say about Purdey ?
Purdey certainly seems to show a great deal of interest in Steed throughout the series. I think we can take that however we'd like.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

The girl in blue Steed is talking to, while Purdey lurks in the background-who is she ? She looks incredibly fit...lifts that briefcase of gold like it was nothing :wink: Would have thought Purdey would have stepped in and offered to carry it to the door for her :lol: