6%
No votes
13%

Total votes: 16

shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Mona wrote:
Lhbizness wrote:Oh dear. This and Trap are in the running for worst TNA episode, and perhaps worst Avengers episode period. Yet another tired "the traitor in our midst" trope, this time confusingly incorporated with the Canadian setting that makes zero sense (was there any reason why they couldn't have used Canadian location shooting and still claimed it was Britain?). The pacing is atrocious, taking what should be an exciting car chase and making it turgid. The whole concept, furthermore, is ill in keeping with TNA's more realistic aspects - it strains for humor right across the board. Steed is weirdly paranoid, Gambit more than usually repugnant (his "waxing" comment), and Purdey nothing but eye candy. The Canadian actors are dreadful, and the "rural humor" is broader than a Carry On film. I've seen this twice now and it was actually worse the second time around. If I was a Canadian, I'd be furious at a show representing my country this way.
It has Steed and yes

Wow, I really disagree.

I super enjoy this episode! There is only one flaw in it--one MAJOR flaw--and that is when Steed yells for Gambit for help fighting in the mechanics garage. What the hell? That was so out of character for Steed and so against everything else we have seen of his capacity to defend himself, even against Gambit, that it struck me raw and is still totally irritating to me.

Between that and Steed standing still to get knocked out (AGAIN!) by the Cybernaut, TNA did a good overall job as a series in well portraying Steed.

Otherwise, this is a fun, light-hearted romp. The bowler over the handprint, Steed knowing how to temporarily fix the engine, with eggs he apologizes to the chicken for taking (and pays for), was terrific. The drive through the country, the idiocy of the moon-shiner; yeah, it's not Shakespeare, but for another hour of relaxing Steed (etal) watch, it's refreshingly fine.

The fantasy of Purdey's car wash episode is amusing.

It always surprises me how many episodes so many fans of the show dislike. But, then again, I'm pretty easy. If it has Steed, it's already at least a 6/10 scale.
It has Steed... agree Steed knows every fighting trick in the book and should be allowed to demonstrate them...Purdey finishing off Gambit's fights too can be irritating....as she looks with her, as you perfectly describe them 'daddy long leg spider legs' all strut and no substance !
Bradstreet
Nutshell

Post by Bradstreet »

This does seem to be the TNA version of Marmite. You either love it or hate it. I'm in the 'Love it' category. It's basically a bit of fun, with our heroes being centre stage the whole time instead of having to share the screen with the villains. I missed this during the original run, and saw it for the first time when I got the DVD box set. Given it's terrible reputation I was expecting absolutely zero quality and was pleasantly surprised.