Rare Photos

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

mousemeat wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
shaunodan wrote:Certainly tried to change her image! She certainly was not happy about all the weight she was forced to lose, feeling there was an emphasis on being too thin for the role! Linda at her most voluptuous is a knockout in every way ! Saw her in1970 in French comedy sketch with Patrick Mc Nee(R.I.P.) Wow ! Back to her voluptuous , sexiest and most impressive physical condition in high knee boots and mini skirt! :D
I remember her saying that the Avengers crew were a bit scared by the fact she had boobs! They weren't used to such a feminine figure after Diana Rigg's slim and almost boyish physique.
you think ? LOL....myself, I always loved full figure woman like Linda..but Diana wasn't too shabby, either....as with Honor....all three were lovely to look at, and could ACT....
Agree 100%! Nothing like a full figured fit athletic woman as Linda was!
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

mousemeat wrote:
shaunodan wrote:
mousemeat wrote: as one gets 'older'..one tends to ' forget' from time to time...LOL
Indeed one does! :wink: Though I'd worry :lol: if one was forgetting Tara or Purdey :wink: Hope you are keeping well Mousemeat.....often wondered why you chose that name ?
yeah, for a old geezer...(me bones are creaking) doing well..and trying to keep the grim reaper at bay...lol...doing lots of cycling..and past year, rack up a little over 5,000 miles....I am planning a trip to New Zealand ..to do some Mt.Biking..hopefully later in 2023....as travel outside north america, is getting back to pre COVID conditions.

yeah, it's a great nickname...I got it in 1970, while at Psychological warfare school...when I was in the USAF.....

seems like a million years ago.....how time flies..
You are certainly living life to the full and obviously keeping in tremendous condition physically and mentally. Hope you have a fantastic time in New Zealand....great things are getting back to normal.....Thank for info. re your nickname.....but what is it supposed to mean about ykou as a person?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

shaunodan wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
shaunodan wrote: Indeed one does! :wink: Though I'd worry :lol: if one was forgetting Tara or Purdey :wink: Hope you are keeping well Mousemeat.....often wondered why you chose that name ?
yeah, for a old geezer...(me bones are creaking) doing well..and trying to keep the grim reaper at bay...lol...doing lots of cycling..and past year, rack up a little over 5,000 miles....I am planning a trip to New Zealand ..to do some Mt.Biking..hopefully later in 2023....as travel outside north america, is getting back to pre COVID conditions.

yeah, it's a great nickname...I got it in 1970, while at Psychological warfare school...when I was in the USAF.....

seems like a million years ago.....how time flies..
You are certainly living life to the full and obviously keeping in tremendous condition physically and mentally. Hope you have a fantastic time in New Zealand....great things are getting back to normal.....Thank for info. re your nickname.....but what is it supposed to mean about ykou as a person?

thanks for the kudos...as for the nickname...it's sorta funny....despite coming from a dark episode....I like it...and on one of my cycling jerseys, Mousemeat is printed on it......many people have nick names....for all sorts of occasions or adventures...as for my nick name...? a sense of humor...I suppose.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Thanks for reply? What got you into the Avengers and do you have a favourite Avenger girl ?
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

shaunodan wrote:Thanks for reply? What got you into the Avengers and do you have a favourite Avenger girl ?
well....I originally got into the 'Avengers' via American ABC..which was one of the 3 commercial networks..(not counting PBS) CBS, NBC, and ABC...in the 'second' season (January) they announced the AVENGERS...and I thought it was gonna be about the super heroes from MARVEL...and I was perplexed at first..a guy with a bowler, and a woman agent...but I ended up digging the heck outta it..as it was nothing I ever saw on TV....as the series progressed, the stories and interaction between Steed and Mrs.Peel, was so delicious..and in early 1967, ABC began to broadcast the color series...but to this day, I prefer the monochrome era, not only in how it looked, but the stories as well...as for Avenger girl, it's EMMA PEEL....however, when Tara King, came aboard, I like her,,,but clearly not as much as Mrs.Peel...I suspect if the THORSON era on U.S. TV, ran one more season, I would have dug her even more...as many other U.S. viewers......as for Mrs.Gale (Honor Blackman) I was not all that familiar of her..however, my Aunt Sue, who lived in the UK (KENT) around the time her time...knew of her, and told me about the character...it wasn't till the early 90's, when A & E , licensed the series..first on VHS, then DVD...did the first batch of Episodes with Cathy Gale was made available...and holy smokes, she was ever bit as good as Emma...no doubt cut from a different cloth...and yrs later, I'm a huge Cathy Gale fan.....
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

mousemeat wrote:
shaunodan wrote:Thanks for reply? What got you into the Avengers and do you have a favourite Avenger girl ?
well....I originally got into the 'Avengers' via American ABC..which was one of the 3 commercial networks..(not counting PBS) CBS, NBC, and ABC...in the 'second' season (January) they announced the AVENGERS...and I thought it was gonna be about the super heroes from MARVEL...and I was perplexed at first..a guy with a bowler, and a woman agent...but I ended up digging the heck outta it..as it was nothing I ever saw on TV....as the series progressed, the stories and interaction between Steed and Mrs.Peel, was so delicious..and in early 1967, ABC began to broadcast the color series...but to this day, I prefer the monochrome era, not only in how it looked, but the stories as well...as for Avenger girl, it's EMMA PEEL....however, when Tara King, came aboard, I like her,,,but clearly not as much as Mrs.Peel...I suspect if the THORSON era on U.S. TV, ran one more season, I would have dug her even more...as many other U.S. viewers......as for Mrs.Gale (Honor Blackman) I was not all that familiar of her..however, my Aunt Sue, who lived in the UK (KENT) around the time her time...knew of her, and told me about the character...it wasn't till the early 90's, when A & E , licensed the series..first on VHS, then DVD...did the first batch of Episodes with Cathy Gale was made available...and holy smokes, she was ever bit as good as Emma...no doubt cut from a different cloth...and yrs later, I'm a huge Cathy Gale fan.....
Love your closing remark ....'she was every bit as good as Emma.....no doubt cut from a different cloth......and years later I'm a huge Cathy Gale fan...... What makes Cathy so special to you?
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

shaunodan wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
well....I originally got into the 'Avengers' via American ABC..which was one of the 3 commercial networks..(not counting PBS) CBS, NBC, and ABC...in the 'second' season (January) they announced the AVENGERS...and I thought it was gonna be about the super heroes from MARVEL...and I was perplexed at first..a guy with a bowler, and a woman agent...but I ended up digging the heck outta it..as it was nothing I ever saw on TV....as the series progressed, the stories and interaction between Steed and Mrs.Peel, was so delicious..and in early 1967, ABC began to broadcast the color series...but to this day, I prefer the monochrome era, not only in how it looked, but the stories as well...as for Avenger girl, it's EMMA PEEL....however, when Tara King, came aboard, I like her,,,but clearly not as much as Mrs.Peel...I suspect if the THORSON era on U.S. TV, ran one more season, I would have dug her even more...as many other U.S. viewers......as for Mrs.Gale (Honor Blackman) I was not all that familiar of her..however, my Aunt Sue, who lived in the UK (KENT) around t
he time her time...knew of her, and told me about the character...it wasn't till the early 90's, when A & E , licensed the series..first on VHS, then DVD...did the first batch of Episodes with Cathy Gale was made available...and holy smokes, she was ever bit as good as Emma...no doubt cut from a different

cloth...and yrs later, I'm a huge Cathy Gale fan.....
Love your closing remark ....'she was every bit as good as Emma.....no doubt cut from a different cloth......and years later I'm a huge Cathy Gale fan...... What makes Cathy so special to you?

good question...They way she held herself...despite a smoldering sexual aura..and she was to the point....some of the looks she gave Steed, were laser like...then again, who knows what went on behind closed doors..
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

mousemeat wrote:
shaunodan wrote:
mousemeat wrote: well....I originally got into the 'Avengers' via American ABC..which was one of the 3 commercial networks..(not counting PBS) CBS, NBC, and ABC...in the 'second' season (January) they announced the AVENGERS...and I thought it was gonna be about the super heroes from MARVEL...and I was perplexed at first..a guy with a bowler, and a woman agent...but I ended up digging the heck outta it..as it was nothing I ever saw on TV....as the series progressed, the stories and interaction between Steed and Mrs.Peel, was so delicious..and in early 1967, ABC began to broadcast the color series...but to this day, I prefer the monochrome era, not only in how it looked, but the stories as well...as for Avenger girl, it's EMMA PEEL....however, when Tara King, came aboard, I like her,,,but clearly not as much as Mrs.Peel...I suspect if the THORSON era on U.S. TV, ran one more season, I would have dug her even more...as many other U.S. viewers......as for Mrs.Gale (Honor Blackman) I was not all that familiar of her..however, my Aunt Sue, who lived in the UK (KENT) around t
he time her time...knew of her, and told me about the character...it wasn't till the early 90's, when A & E , licensed the series..first on VHS, then DVD...did the first batch of Episodes with Cathy Gale was made available...and holy smokes, she was ever bit as good as Emma...no doubt cut from a different

cloth...and yrs later, I'm a huge Cathy Gale fan.....

good question...They way she held herself...despite a smoldering sexual aura..and she was to the point....some of the looks she gave Steed, were laser like...then again, who knows what went on behind closed doors..
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors the song certainly says. Steed (Patrick Mc Nee) mentions amongst other things that she had the legs of an Olympic champion whereas most tend to mention her magnificent upper body and certainly physically she was a woman of real substance to back those laser looks she could give. She was probably the most dangerous Avenger girl to cross as she was a genuine athlete with her tremendous judo skills You would have expected her successors to outmatch her but I don't think they did...do you ?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

shaunodan wrote:No one knows what goes on behind closed doors the song certainly says. Steed (Patrick Mc Nee) mentions amongst other things that she had the legs of an Olympic champion whereas most tend to mention her magnificent upper body and certainly physically she was a woman of real substance to back those laser looks she could give. She was probably the most dangerous Avenger girl to cross as she was a genuine athlete with her tremendous judo skills You would have expected her successors to outmatch her but I don't think they did...do you ?
I usually get in trouble when I say my favourite Avenger is Honor Blackman, but much as I love and admire her successors there is only one who lit the way for others to follow...

Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
shaunodan wrote:No one knows what goes on behind closed doors the song certainly says. Steed (Patrick Mc Nee) mentions amongst other things that she had the legs of an Olympic champion whereas most tend to mention her magnificent upper body and certainly physically she was a woman of real substance to back those laser looks she could give. She was probably the most dangerous Avenger girl to cross as she was a genuine athlete with her tremendous judo skills You would have expected her successors to outmatch her but I don't think they did...do you ?
I usually get in trouble when I say my favourite Avenger is Honor Blackman, but much as I love and admire her successors there is only one who lit the way for others to follow...

I couldn't have stated it any better....and to this deal...I love at the beginning of too many christmas trees, Steed reading off postcards with Mrs.Peel, and he muses ' I wonder what She is doing at Fort Knox...and the looks...LOL
'
a wonderful nod to Honor doing ' Goldfinger ' ......and her character name..

' Pussy Galore '....I was going on 13 when Goldfinger came out...and that name..whoa! LOL !....and there was concern about how the public would react-accept that name....until there was a photo in the media of Honor and Prince Phillip...with the tag ' the pussy and the price'..or something along those lines..

ah, 1964....mighty, mighty times, eh ?