Chinese comic albums of TNA

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Chinese comic albums of TNA

Post by denis rigg »

Hello, dear fans of the series.

Interesting finds (excavations) were recently made ​​in China. :D

You will not believe, but it's The New Avengers comics. :P

Chinese comic albums of TNA were released in 1990, around the same time when China first trasmitted the series The New Avengers (The Avengers was first shown at the end of 1980s).

Titles of the chinese comics TNA:

1. 捣毁鹰巢 Destroy Eagle Nest (The Eagle's Nest)
超级机器人 Super Robot (The Last of the Cybernauts...??)

2. 鸟中之王 The King of Birds (Cat Amongst the Pigeons)
模拟靶场 Analog Range (Target!)

3. 真假难辨 True and False Difficult Distinguish (Faces)
三人游戏 Three-Handed Game (The Three-Handed Game)

4. 昏睡不醒 Lethargy (Sleeper)
神秘下水道 Mysterious Sewer (Gnaws)

5 先知女巫 Prophet Witch (Medium Rare)
执迷不悟 Unrepentant (Obsession)

6 死亡天使 Angels of Death
独角兽 Unicorn (The Lion and the Unicorn)

7 猛虎初醒· Tiger Awakes (K is for Kill, Part 1)
虎落平阳 Hardships (K is for Kill, Part 2)

8 角斗士 Gladiators (The Gladiators)
前方基地 Forward Base

For details, go to link (last posts).

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... rsfanforum

Last edited by denis rigg on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denis
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

This is just brilliant Denis. Quite a splash. It really is a finding from an excavation! We had Mexican Cybernauts, now Chinese TNA! Really is international, isn't it? I love the name changes like "Destroy Eagle Nest!" It would be interesting to see Purdey talk in Chinese for a change.

What I find humorous is our heroes are looking more and more Chinese! keep up the good work. 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

anti-clockwise wrote:This is just brilliant Denis. Quite a splash. It really is a finding from an excavation! We had Mexican Cybernauts, now Chinese TNA! Really is international, isn't it? I love the name changes like "Destroy Eagle Nest!" It would be interesting to see Purdey talk in Chinese for a change.

What I find humorous is our heroes are looking more and more Chinese! keep up the good work. 8)
It really pleases when you recognize that many countries leaves their mark in Avengerland. Most of it are comics.
When I bought these comics in Chinese stores, I was wondering if there is something else on the series. But there was not even a DVDs.

Comics about series created in many countries outside the UK: USA, France, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina, Spain, Chile, Belgium, Austria and (I'm sure) in other countries.

Well, China has long years been under the iron curtain and it was difficult to imagine that there will something as comics of TNA. But it definitely says that the series has been very popular. I did not find any resources on the series in China, but maybe the series transmitted only once and it remembers only the older generation.

Yes, there are many funny titles for chinese comics. I like many of them, especially Super Robot and Mysterious Sewer. :D They had their own vision on these things. :wink:

TNA really has been dubbed in Chinese, unfortunately I not found videos on Internet. :(But there is always a chance, especially when you know now what to look for).
TNA in Chinese are 三个偵探 (three detectives) :D

I sure that our heroes are looking more and more Chinese because Asians so perception the European faces. Many of them looks the same.
This is one reason why TNA looks somewhere fine, somewhere strange, but sometimes something really as Chinese :D
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

denisrigg wrote: I sure that our heroes are looking more and more Chinese because Asians so perception the European faces. Many of them looks the same.
This is one reason why TNA looks somewhere fine, somewhere strange, but sometimes something really as Chinese :D
It'd be interesting to see what they make of Soo Choy in "Trap"!
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Frankymole wrote:It'd be interesting to see what they make of Soo Choy in "Trap"!
I think they wanted to bring eastern hue in episode for embellish of visual side storyline.
Visual side of the atmosphere & decor of other countries worked well in The Avengers, such episodes as for example Honey for the Prince and Escape in Time, but it was horrible in The New Avengers. Where did the ability to do this? :?
I can understand that they are saving money, but frankly, if they refused in the episode "Trap" from the east shade - it would looks better. I sure.
(A fortiori if none of the Asians did not fund this series.) :wink:
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

anti-clockwise wrote:This is just brilliant Denis. Quite a splash. It really is a finding from an excavation! We had Mexican Cybernauts, now Chinese TNA! Really is international, isn't it? I love the name changes like "Destroy Eagle Nest!" It would be interesting to see Purdey talk in Chinese for a change.

wwooow...wow..quite the find.....was this official ? or was it a bootleg ?
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:wwooow...wow..quite the find.....was this official ? or was it a bootleg ?
The publishing house of comics is: 人民美术出版社 (renmin meishu chubanshi)

I looked for information and found out that it is the most well-known publishing house in China. Apparently, editions were the official and this pleased. :P
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Update on Steedumbrella:

Scans of Chinese Comic album: Vol2 (every album - 48 p, two stories):

1. 鸟中之王 The King of Birds (Cat Amongst the Pigeons)

http://steedumbrella.ru/comics_China_Story3.html

2. 模拟靶场 Simulated target field or Firing Range (Target!)

http://steedumbrella.ru/comics_China_Story4.html

Alan helped me to an embodiment of the translation for Target! :D

Wish pleasant viewing!
:wink:

Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denisrigg wrote:Update on Steedumbrella:

Scans of Chinese Comic album: Vol2 (every album - 48 p, two stories):

1. 鸟中之王 The King of Birds (Cat Amongst the Pigeons)

http://steedumbrella.ru/comics_China_Story3.html

2. 模拟靶场 Simulated target field or Firing Range (Target!)

http://steedumbrella.ru/comics_China_Story4.html

Alan helped me to an embodiment of the translation for Target! :D

Wish pleasant viewing!
:wink:

these are so interesting...makes me want to track em down..and try to translate..
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mousemeat wrote:these are so interesting...makes me want to track em down..and try to translate..
It would be great to read chinese comics of TNA in English to have a full understanding of these adaptations.

Update on Steedumbrella

The third volume of comic albums of TNA. :P

1. 真假难辨 True and False Difficult Distinguish (Faces)
2. 三人游戏 The Three-Handed Game

http://steedumbrella.ru/comics_China_Story5.html
http://steedumbrella.ru/comics_China_Story6.html

Denis