John Bates: Fashion Designer book

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

John Bates: Fashion Designer book

Post by DiVicenzo »

There is a new book and I know Liz went to it's launch or will be going and the invite was the same as this wonderful, wonderful photo :shock:
Wow :D

http://tinyurl.com/5j245z

Thanks to Ian for pointing this out :o
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I've never seen that shot of Diana before. Thanks for posting the link.

I was watching "The Avengers Revisited" the other day, and I'd no idea that John Bates was notable for more than his Avengers stint. Between him and Pierre Cardin and the woman who designed Purdey's clothes (and went on to do the same for Joanna when she played Patsy), the show really launched some significant people in the fashion world. Wonder where I can pick up a copy?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've never seen that shot of Diana before. Thanks for posting the link.

I was watching "The Avengers Revisited" the other day, and I'd no idea that John Bates was notable for more than his Avengers stint. Between him and Pierre Cardin and the woman who designed Purdey's clothes (and went on to do the same for Joanna when she played Patsy), the show really launched some significant people in the fashion world. Wonder where I can pick up a copy?
It's a fabulous photo, isn't it?

Check here for starters:

http://tinyurl.com/66md6x
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I've never seen that shot of Diana before. Thanks for posting the link.

Check here for starters:

Darn, and I wanted to rein in my spending, too. How can I do that when they keep throwing Philip Glenister retrospectives and Dirk Gently radio series at me? :wink:

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:

Check here for starters:

Darn, and I wanted to rein in my spending, too. How can I do that when they keep throwing Philip Glenister retrospectives and Dirk Gently radio series at me? :wink:

I am supposed to be saving too for a holiday next year in Andalucia - not working so far!
helenofirvine
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: John Bates: Fashion Designer book

Post by helenofirvine »

DiVicenzo wrote:There is a new book and I know Liz went to it's launch or will be going and the invite was the same as this wonderful, wonderful photo :shock:
Wow :D

http://tinyurl.com/5j245z

Thanks to Ian for pointing this out :o
Beautiful photo. Would love it if Liz could grace us with a report for the launch party...
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:It's a fabulous photo, isn't it?Check here for starters:http://tinyurl.com/66md6x
Darn, and I wanted to rein in my spending, too. How can I do that when they keep throwing Philip Glenister retrospectives and Dirk Gently radio series at me?  :wink:
I am supposed to be saving too for a holiday next year in Andalucia - not working so far!
The only worse thing than having too many things to get is not having anything, though! It's great that we're still getting stuff about the show, especially breaking fresh ground as it were.

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

[quote="Timeless A-Peel"The only worse thing than having too many things to get is not having anything, though! It's great that we're still getting stuff about the show, especially breaking fresh ground as it were.[/quote]

True, very true, very very true
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

No-one's said what the book's about yet...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:No-one's said what the book's about yet...
It's called John Bates: Fashion Designer - doesn't that say it all!
He dressed la Rigg in most of the b&w Emma Peel episodes :shock: