Steed and Mrs Peel we're needed - comic book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Steed and Mrs Peel we're needed - comic book

Post by denis rigg »

They’re Back! The Original Avengers Return in Steed and Mrs. Peel: We’re Needed!

Premiere on 23rd July!

Info about the six-issue miniseries!

http://eclipsemagazine.com/theyre-back- ... more-48423

Denis
Jace
Thingumajig

Post by Jace »

I'm excited about this, too, but a little cautious. It seems that it's been hard to adapt the show well to the comic form. That particular cover is maybe the best style I've seen so far (the interior art is a different artist), but it also tweaks Mrs. Peel's vibe slightly. My initial comments about it from May 2nd on my Spy Vibe site here:

http://spyvibe.blogspot.com/2014/05/new ... comic.html

Best,
-Jason
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Jace wrote:I'm excited about this, too, but a little cautious. It seems that it's been hard to adapt the show well to the comic form. That particular cover is maybe the best style I've seen so far (the interior art is a different artist), but it also tweaks Mrs. Peel's vibe slightly. My initial comments about it from May 2nd on my Spy Vibe site here:

Best,
-Jason
I think the authors decided to rejuvenate the images of John Steed and Emma Peel in an attempt to make the characters popular for modern readers of comics and if the first issues will be really with qualitative storylines and the right style, then there is a possibility for continuing of comic series.

In retrospect, the authors had several problems with storylines for the last series, which led to the completion of the contract for subsequent releases. Indeed, in the pursuit of success they decided to recall the most popular ideas of the series, such as cybernaut, hellfire club and queen of sin, mix it all they plunged no in the Avengerland, but into another world, the genre began to resemble a "cool detective" and it was nearly Mike Hammer.
I like art sketches of the new series, it has a certain charm and an interesting concept, but it's hard to tell which way will go the writers. We see it in July.
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denisrigg wrote:
Jace wrote:I'm excited about this, too, but a little cautious. It seems that it's been hard to adapt the show well to the comic form. That particular cover is maybe the best style I've seen so far (the interior art is a different artist), but it also tweaks Mrs. Peel's vibe slightly. My initial comments about it from May 2nd on my Spy Vibe site here:

Best,
-Jason
I think the authors decided to rejuvenate the images of John Steed and Emma Peel in an attempt to make the characters popular for modern readers of comics and if the first issues will be really with qualitative storylines and the right style, then there is a possibility for continuing of comic series.

In retrospect, the authors had several problems with storylines for the last series, which led to the completion of the contract for subsequent releases. Indeed, in the pursuit of success they decided to recall the most popular ideas of the series, such as cybernaut, hellfire club and queen of sin, mix it all they plunged no in the Avengerland, but into another world, the genre began to resemble a "cool detective" and it was nearly Mike Hammer.
I like art sketches of the new series, it has a certain charm and an interesting concept, but it's hard to tell which way will go the writers. We see it in July.
GOT MY FINGERS CROSS THAT THEY PULL it off....
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I really liked the Caleb Monroe/Yasmin Lang series, so I hope this one keeps on in the same vein. The drawings certainly seem closer in look to both the actors, as well as giving them a more contemporary "comic book" appearance. Big issue would be the plot and how they handle it - The Avengers is very weird in that it's parodic and generic and stylized without indulging too much in sci-fi or spy stuff. It strikes a very odd balance, and that's difficult to replicate.