An Evening With Diana Rigg

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

An Evening With Diana Rigg

Post by MikeR »

Its all happening, no sooner is there an event announced featuring Linda Thorson, than along comes another one, this time starring Diana Rigg. Diana brings her show No Turn Unstoned (named after her book) to the west end of London after a sell-out season at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Live at the Duchess Theatre, London, starting at 7.30 pm on Monday October 20th. The performance will be followed by a question and answer session.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: An Evening With Diana Rigg

Post by mousemeat »

MikeR wrote:Its all happening, no sooner is there an event announced featuring Linda Thorson, than along comes another one, this time starring Diana Rigg. Diana brings her show No Turn Unstoned (named after her book) to the west end of London after a sell-out season at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Live at the Duchess Theatre, London, starting at 7.30 pm on Monday October 20th. The performance will be followed by a question and answer session.
wow, great for her...i would kill to be there....
hatpeg
Little Wonder

Post by hatpeg »

Will she answer questions about The Avengers?
From my experience at The Watermill last year - sadly no.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

hatpeg wrote:Will she answer questions about The Avengers?
Sounds good in theory but I gather the last person on the boards that went was somewhat disappointed. And she did not seem to want to discuss TA from what I recall was said. Sad thing is i don't think she enjoyed her time on TA. She seemed to feel intruded upon and invaded which she openly discusses in recent interviews.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

And that's precisely why given the choice, I'd rather go and see Linda Thorson.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

mariocki wrote:
And that's precisely why given the choice, I'd rather go and see Linda Thorson.
Definitely. Sadly, although she is probably the most popular Avengers girl, she seems to really have not enjoyed her time on the show. I am sure she had her reasons but not something fans of TA want to witness.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I have to agree I cannot see Diana being willing to talk about The Avengers at No Turn Unstoned.

The only exception I know of was when she did the photoshoots/autograph signing at The Entertainment Media Show back in 2011, where I'm told she was very friendly and had no problem about talking with anyone about the series.