Anticlockwise feedback

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Anticlockwise feedback

Post by Rodders »

Please feel free to offer feedback, discuss the book etc. here once you have received/read it. It would be good to hear from people.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

I'm going to give some feedback-although I am cheating a bit since I helped do some proofreading on the book :P

As before you have a mix of writing styles and approaches. I think what is most appealing is the notable number of articles that made a serious attempt to be objective in their assessments. That is admirable since most of the contributors are advocates of the era.

It's always cool and a little surprising what people have to express in their episodes. Many of the King episodes that I enjoy I felt nothing meaningful to comment on. It is nice to see them through other people's eyes
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I'll have to wait until Lulu get my copy to me, but I agree with Frank above, I'm powering through the Technicolor Emma era examined in "Mrs Peel, We're Needed" at the moment and it is really refreshing and liberating to get totally different perspectives on the show from other informed viewers. The standard of writing is incredibly high. I did notice on small typo, the "Friends of Ghosts" character is defined as being from "Friends of Fog" :)
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:I'll have to wait until Lulu get my copy to me, but I agree with Frank above, I'm powering through the Technicolor Emma era examined in "Mrs Peel, We're Needed" at the moment and it is really refreshing and liberating to get totally different perspectives on the show from other informed viewers. The standard of writing is incredibly high. I did notice on small typo, the "Friends of Ghosts" character is defined as being from "Friends of Fog" :)
i would concur with Franky's opinion...in terms of other perspectives...from fellow fans..
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Despite Timeless' wonderful proof-reading there is a typo on page 21 which I managed to add at the last moment. I have corrected this but apologies. The Lulu paperback is actually of far better quality than the Amazon one for anyone unsure which to buy.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Each volume of The Avengers on Film is now available in paperback from Lulu. Thanks to Frankymole's sharp eye, I've also corrected the Mrs. Peel, We're Needed mistake.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

A number of people have e-mailed me asking why the Amazon paperback price has already been changed/reduced. (£11.86 as I write this.) I don't have control over this. Amazon can reduce the price whenever they want. Nor do I control third parties selling the books via Amazon. One hopeful individual/company has been trying to sell Subversive Champagne for over £2000!!!!
Last edited by Rodders on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Frankymole wrote:I'll have to wait until Lulu get my copy to me, but I agree with Frank above, I'm powering through the Technicolor Emma era examined in "Mrs Peel, We're Needed" at the moment and it is really refreshing and liberating to get totally different perspectives on the show from other informed viewers. The standard of writing is incredibly high. I did notice on small typo, the "Friends of Ghosts" character is defined as being from "Friends of Fog" :)
I've corrected it for you. It was my mistake, not Timeless'. I don't think she makes any!
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:Despite Timeless' wonderful proof-reading there is a typo on page 21 which I managed to add at the last moment. I have corrected this but apologies. The Lulu paperback is actually of far better quality than the Amazon one for anyone unsure which to buy.
Thanks Rodney. At this point how long does it take for these edits to get fixed when purchasing? Sounds like you really feel the book is in its final form? Thanks for letting us know.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

As soon as an edit is fixed on Lulu then you can order immediately. At Amazon it is a 72 hour process and I'm not doing that just for one letter missing from one word! So psychedelic will remain' psychedlic' on page 21!