The Avengers will be on the True Entertainment channel

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
bhdaviesuk
Thingumajig

The Avengers will be on the True Entertainment channel

Post by bhdaviesuk »

According to my Radio Times, The Avengers will be showing daily on True Entertainment (Freeview 61 Freesat 142) from 5th January 2015! (No info regarding which season, except to say it will be b&w.)

--
Barbara
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Thanks for finding this, Barbara :) Excellent news.
My DigiGuide suggests that it may feature the first complete series with Ian Hendry as Dr David Keel.
Yet Locate TV suggests from the accompanying picture that it could be the 5th Steed/Peel colour series.

This is the best information I can find via DigiGuide programme guide which may, or may not, be accurate. Lets hope True Entertainment have obtained the rights to show the entire Avengers run.

The Avengers
True Entertainment
Monday 5th January 2015
8.00-9.00pm

The original Avengers series and the first not to have been lost. Follow the suave British spy Dr. David Keel and his charismatic female assistants take on the nebulous world of crime and espionage.
DigiGuide
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

Yes well spotted. Out of interest, on which page of the Radio Times is it mentioned?

~iw
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:The original Avengers series and the first not to have been lost. Follow the suave British spy Dr. David Keel and his charismatic female assistants take on the nebulous world of crime and espionage.
DigiGuide
Nice to see they really know what they're talking about. Strewth!

Great to see the show revived on telly. Always good when the show's in the public eye. Won't be watching myself. More than happy with the DVDs and Blu-rays.

Mind you, if it's the complete David Keel episodes... ;)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
bhdaviesuk
Thingumajig

Post by bhdaviesuk »

Ian Wegg wrote:Yes well spotted. Out of interest, on which page of the Radio Times is it mentioned?

~iw
Only in the True Entertainment listings themselves on e.g. page 79 and 89, (Looks like there's an 11am showing too from Tues 6th.).
--
Barbara
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Alan wrote:
mrs_emma_peel wrote:The original Avengers series and the first not to have been lost. Follow the suave British spy Dr. David Keel and his charismatic female assistants take on the nebulous world of crime and espionage.
DigiGuide
Nice to see they really know what they're talking about. Strewth!

Great to see the show revived on telly. Always good when the show's in the public eye. Won't be watching myself. More than happy with the DVDs and Blu-rays.

Mind you, if it's the complete David Keel episodes... ;)
feel the same way.....love it when people 'discover' the episodes
Alex McKenna
Nutshell

Once again it's Trees!

Post by Alex McKenna »

Haven't seen anything Avengers-ish yet on live TV this Xmas, but once again got the DVD out and watched Too Many Xmas Trees, as one does. SO a Merrier Christmas to you all :-) Ho, ho, Ho ! Love those sixties suits the guys have and narrow ties... they all look a bit earlier than 1966 ... but then what do I know? I was too busy trying to get grease stains out of my school caps and blazer at the time to notice trendy changes in in the width of ties....
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

bhdaviesuk wrote:
Ian Wegg wrote:Yes well spotted. Out of interest, on which page of the Radio Times is it mentioned?

~iw
Only in the True Entertainment listings themselves on e.g. page 79 and 89, (Looks like there's an 11am showing too from Tues 6th.).
Thanks Barbara. I thought you meant the current - bumper Christmas - edition. I hadn't realised the Radio Times for the week after that was out yet.

Digiguide lists The Avengers as showing every Monday to Friday at 20:00 and (from Tues 6th) at 11:00, which will almost certainly be a repeat of the previous day's episode. I'll keep an eye open for the full listing details.

UPDATE: I've just popped out to the shops and can't find anywhere selling the Radio Times for the week after next, you must have inside information Barbara :-) The RT website has this:

The Avengers
05/01/2015
8pm - 9pm
True Entertainment
Repeat
B&W

ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
Light-hearted drama, starring Patrick Macnee as suave, sophisticated secret agent John Steed.

CAST
John Steed Patrick Macnee

Unfortunately True Entertainment's own website is not currently online.

~iw
bhdaviesuk
Thingumajig

Post by bhdaviesuk »

Ian Wegg wrote:
bhdaviesuk wrote:

~iw
Thanks Barbara. I thought you meant the current - bumper Christmas - edition. I hadn't realised the Radio Times for the week after that was out yet.

UPDATE: I've just popped out to the shops and can't find anywhere selling the Radio Times for the week after next, you must have inside information Barbara :-)

~iw
No, just a subscription that brings each issue through my letterbox early. :)
--
Barbara
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Once again it's Trees!

Post by mousemeat »

Alex McKenna wrote:Haven't seen anything Avengers-ish yet on live TV this Xmas, but once again got the DVD out and watched Too Many Xmas Trees, as one does. SO a Merrier Christmas to you all :-) Ho, ho, Ho ! Love those sixties suits the guys have and narrow ties... they all look a bit earlier than 1966 ... but then what do I know? I was too busy trying to get grease stains out of my school caps and blazer at the time to notice trendy changes in in the width of ties....
i seem to do this every xmas, since the arrival of first VHS, and now DVD

showing ' TOO MANY XMAS TREES' every xmas eve...