Best and Worst ?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Best and Worst ?

Post by mousemeat »

I'm sure everyone here in the forum, will have different opinions on what was the best overall episode, and the worst, if one does exist..

perhaps it could be broken down to the Gale/Peel/King eras,
even including New Avengers..

A lot of choices to sift thru, nonetheless..
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Worst is probably LOOK STOP ME....
and best probably is TOO MANY CHRISTMAS TREES.
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

The best is "The Hour That Never Was", that was an easy choice because it's my favorite episode from my favorite season. Picking the worst episode is a little more difficult, since I usually like something about each one, but after thinking about it, I chose "Box Of Tricks." It was very boring and I could see the plot twist a mile away.
Allen
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I think I'm gonna pick 'The Hour That Never Was' as the best episode too. Although I find it very difficult to choose just one.
The worst is probably 'Gladiators' (are we including TNA?)
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Just one favourite from the whole series... Brief for Murder - It has a superb script with some great eccentric villains, wonderful direction, great performances and Honor Blackman in a dark wig. It feels like nothing else.

As for worst, I'm not sure. Probably something from series 5, Murderville. It has a nasty edge to it that really puts me off. It's just sadistic and cruel much of the time.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Allard wrote:Worst is probably LOOK STOP ME....
and best probably is TOO MANY CHRISTMAS TREES.
Just goes to show that it takes all sorts to make a world... I agree with you regarding the quality of Too Many Christmas Trees (although there are many more at that high level). One of those great episodes I would say was Look Stop Me, which I absolutely adore.

As for worst episode... well, it would have to be Trap for The New Avengers, The Sell Out for the videotaped era, The £50,000 Breakfast for the Emma Peel era and Homicide and Old Lace for the Tara King era for me.

If I had to choose a best episode and a worst one, I'd probably go for The House That Jack Built as the best and The Sell Out as the worst - it's coma-inducing.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Best Cathy-Don't look behind you
Best Emma-The Cybernauts (followed by too many Xmas trees)
Best Tara- Game (followed by Fog)
Best TNA-Target (followed by Eagle's nest)

Worst videotaped-The decapod (followed by most of the Venus Smith/Dr king)
Worst Emma-£50,000 breakfast
Worst Tara-Homicide and old lace (Worst episode ever!)
Worst TNA-The gladiators

I'm always amazed when people single out classic episodes like Look stop me and Murdersville as the worst ever episode! Brimstone, Fog and Pandora tend to be disliked too. Yet these are regarded as classics. I'm also equally amazed when people put the worst episodes in their top 10 list. Takes all types to make a world I guess!
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

Cathy Gale:
Best: Don't Look Behind You
Worst: Well I like most of them so either a Venus Smith or Martin King episode

Emma Peel
Best: The Hour That Never Was
Worst: The Fear Merchants. I like pretty much every Emma Peel episode, but this one was just one of the weakest for me

Tara King
Haven't seen them yet

The New Avengers
Best: Target, Faces or Eagle's Nest. So hard to pick just one
Worst: Gladiators, the only TNA episode I absolutely didn't like
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Cathy: Best would have to be The Nutshell, The Charmers,, or The Wringer. Can't decide.

Worst...well, I find a lot of the Gale episodes really dull. It's my least favourite era, so there's big chunks of it I'm not too thrilled with. But the first one I ever saw, The Grandeur That Was Rome, nearly put me off the whole era, so I'll go with that.

Emma: Death at Bargain Prices is pretty much the top. I think this might be my favourite over the whole show.

While Breakfast doesn't scintillate, I have to choose A Touch of Brimstone as the worst Emma, and worst of the whole show. Trying too hard half the time, mind-numbingly dull the rest.

Tara: Game. But I could easily go with the moodier Take-Over or Who Was that Man I Saw You With?

Invasion of the Earthmen looks so terribly hokey. But then so does that box in Thingumajig.

TNA: Faces or Target. Don't make me choose. I seriously can't decide. Angst and good Purdey/Gambit dialogue.

Worst: The Gladiators. Not particularly entertaining. Also the premise is unintentionally hilarious, at least for me. Seriously, Canadian Intelligence in the seventies would never have been a target for anyone.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

The best: Mandrake in the Gale era, The Cybernauts in Peel Season 4, Murdersville in Season 5 and - so far, as I'm still watching the sixth season - Stay Tuned or Take-Over in the King era. As for TNA, I love Cat Among the Pigeons and Target. The worst: A Sense of History, The See-Through Man and Homicide. Too many to choose from in Season 2 of TNA.