The Lost Episodes - New Releases

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

The Lost Episodes - New Releases

Post by Alan »

Coming in January 2016

Read about it here:
http://declassified.theavengers.tv/big_finish_news.htm

and here:
http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-ave ... --volume-5

Sorry for having to start a new topic, but a slew of the topics in this area have been locked for some reason, maybe by mistake?
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Apologies, Alan, threads are now unlocked.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Spaceship Dispatcher
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Spaceship Dispatcher »

Really looking forward to this release and, for the first time Alan, I'm going to use your book on s1 as a reference while listening to them! Do doubly looking forward to the set coming out!

Regards the old threads, they were locked because they were not release specific and predated the tidy up/fresh start for our Big Finish forum. My intention was to start a new thread for each new title, so thanks for doing that for me!
Spaceship Dispatcher

Lhbizness wrote:So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.
Yes, that's interesting because originally they said they definitely were not going to remake the existing episodes. I was hoping they would change their mind so that it was a complete adaptation of all the original stories, and as you say the opportunity to compare will also be very interesting...
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
Lhbizness wrote:So I guess they are even doing the episodes that are already available in full (Girl on a Trapeze and The Frighteners)? That'll make for an interesting comparison.
Yes, that's interesting because originally they said they definitely were not going to remake the existing episodes. I was hoping they would change their mind so that it was a complete adaptation of all the original stories, and as you say the opportunity to compare will also be very interesting...
A friend on tumblr informed me that Canal+ was insisting on the full season because the first two volumes were so successful. Don't know if that's true, but he's usually pretty dependable with information like that.

While this somewhat confirms my concerns about overwriting the original series, it will at least be a chance to compare the performances of Macnee and Hendry with the audio actors.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:
It'll be interesting, though it does make the "Lost Episodes" moniker a tad inaccurate in Girl on the Trapeze's case!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Spaceship Dispatcher

Volume 4 is out now, containing another four adaptations.

It will probably be a month or two before I catch up with them, but if anyone would to beat me to reviewing them please feel free!
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

I've a copy on the way via an eBay seller (17.95 delivered). Amazon still think the release date is the end of July so I've cancelled my pre order with them and saved £12 in the process....
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Julian Wadham said in the Vortex Magazine:

“From what I’ve heard, STUDIOCANAL, who own the rights to The Avengers, have been very pleased with the results of what we’ve done, so who knows, perhaps we could get their permission to do more with Steed and Keel when we’ve finished these episodes?"