Elizabeth Shepherd signing London Westminster Memorabilia

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
bunny
Nutshell

Elizabeth Shepherd signing London Westminster Memorabilia

Post by bunny »

Someone who I have not met, but would love to talk to about her brief time on the Avengers.
She is appearing in November at Westminster Memorabilia Film Fair, along with a few other Avengers Guests including Barbara Shelley, with more names to be announced.
http://www.londonfilmconvention.co.uk/d ... uests.html
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

It will be interesting to hear what both Liz Shepherd and Barbara Shelley have to say about The Avengers. Some years ago Shepherd was due to appear at a convention in Derby, but cancelled at the last moment and sent a recorded interview where she went into great detail about being dismissed from the Avengers. I covered these events in great detail in my book Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots published last year.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Honor Blackman as well!

There's a few there I'd like to meet.
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

The event is based around British Horror films, so don't know if Elizabeth Shepherd will have photos on her table, from The Avengers.
Does anyone know where I could get some from of her?
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

bunny wrote:The event is based around British Horror films, so don't know if Elizabeth Shepherd will have photos on her table, from The Avengers.
Does anyone know where I could get some from of her?
Bunny

The London Postcard Company had her on a postcard in the red (orange) leather fighting suit, but all the photographs I've seen are from private collections. I'm not sure I've ever seen copies for sale, but the logical place to start would be Forbidden Planet and The Cinema Store.
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Cheers Mike have seen the postcard but want something a bit bigger.
I will try forbidden planet and the cinema store. Maybe Getty images would have one?
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

More names have been added, including a Thunderbirds Reunion and Terry Jones from Monty Python.
Also Edina Ronay has now been confirmed to appear.
One thing I remembered from last time is, if you are attending, just check the times the guests are appearing, some attend the full day and others might only do a couple of hours.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

All the colour Elizabeth Shepherd photos of her in the red leather outfit come from the Studio Canal archive. They hold the original 2 and a 1/4" square negatives. The black and white photos come from a contact sheet print that Brian Clemens held on to - he kindly loaned me this for the DVDs and agreed to allowing Studio Canal have copies. Having searched online and physically a LOT of photo archives in the UK (and a few overseas) I have never come across any other Elizabeth Shepherd / Avengers photos.

I ask the most stupid questions!
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Many thanks for the info Jaz.
I wonder if Elizabeth herself would have any and would possibly bring some over from the states with her.
I cant imagine she would of had one, when she worked on The Avengers but maybe a fan or Brian gave her a copy?
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

bunny wrote:Many thanks for the info Jaz.
I wonder if Elizabeth herself would have any and would possibly bring some over from the states with her.
I cant imagine she would of had one, when she worked on The Avengers but maybe a fan or Brian gave her a copy?
She doesn't have any - she told me that herself

I ask the most stupid questions!