Patrick Macnee

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Patrick Macnee

Post by DiVicenzo »

Didn't know where to post this so, I've put it here:

Apparently his wife Baba has written a book 'My Guardian Angel' - wonder who it's about?:

http://tinyurl.com/6xr83n
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

After reading the reviews of the book on Amazon, it seems it's an autobiography. I have too many books sitting here collecting dust right now to order it, but if anyone else has read it, let us know what you thought.

In the mean time, there is a rumour going around that Baba passed away. I've not seen nor heard anything in regards to this. Does anyone know if it's true?
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

kim wrote:After reading the reviews of the book on Amazon, it seems it's an autobiography. I have too many books sitting here collecting dust right now to order it, but if anyone else has read it, let us know what you thought.

In the mean time, there is a rumour going around that Baba passed away. I've not seen nor heard anything in regards to this. Does anyone know if it's true?

Me too Kim! I just got the fabulous John Bates book with some great photos of Diana in it.

I had heard the same rumour about Baba.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I hadn't heard the rumours but IF they are true then I fear that Macnee won't last much longer. His love for his wife was what motivated him to carry on.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I hadn't heard any rumours either, but if it's true: that's so sad...
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

The rumours were posted on a yahoo Avengers group. The person who started these rumours claims that she or someone she knows (I can't quite figure out what she means) has recently spoken to Patrick's son and that they were told Patrick was doing quite well despite having a heart attack in 2006 and Baba's passing last year.

Quite frankly I don't belive either one of these rumours, however, I suppose there is always a chance one or both could be true.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
helenofirvine
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by helenofirvine »

There's been nothing in any southern California newspaper about Patrick or Baba's health issues. There was a mention of some heart issues for which Patrick was hospitalized last year. But other than that, nothing has been in the papers. And if Baba had died, there would have to be a notice in the obits as that is required by law.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

kim wrote:The rumours were posted on a yahoo Avengers group. The person who started these rumours claims that she or someone she knows (I can't quite figure out what she means) has recently spoken to Patrick's son and that they were told Patrick was doing quite well despite having a heart attack in 2006 and Baba's passing last year.

Quite frankly I don't belive either one of these rumours, however, I suppose there is always a chance one or both could be true.

Reportedly the story came from two super die-hard fans of Patrick and they were in his home at Rancho Mirage last year and that's where Patrick told them. By the way, the story came from the The Secret Avengers Yahoo Group not Suburbia.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

There's no mention of it on Patrick's website, which I gather is maintained by Rupert, his son.
Last edited by Frankymole on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

It's all a mystery but the source is very reliable but I do hope it's all wrong!