Henrietta (Replica)

Your mission is to post, highlight and discuss Avengers fan fiction, art and other creative endeavours!
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Henrietta (Replica)

Post by Avengerholic »

This is certainly a must have prop replica project.
As a kid 'Henrietta' freaked me out completely :(

I'll try and knock her up quickly over the weekend between finishing the Cybernaut and starting work on the Winged Avenger claws :D

I've never seen a colour image of her but I assume having blonde hair she's probably got blue eyes, and I've always seen that dress in my mind as blue anyway.

Last edited by Avengerholic on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian

I agree Henrietta is one creepy puppet and I would think something of a bigger challenge than your other impressive props. Still it will be very interesting to see how you tackle this one.

Have you plans for anything bigger?

It's just a thought, but about recreating Steed's living room from the colour episodes?

I once knew someone who had a room in his house looking like a portion of Moonbase Alpha from the series Space: 1999.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

MikeR wrote:Ian

I agree Henrietta is one creepy puppet and I would think something of a bigger challenge than your other impressive props. Still it will be very interesting to see how you tackle this one.

It's just a thought, but about recreating Steed's living room from the colour episodes?

I once knew someone who had a room in his house looking like a portion of Moonbase Alpha from the series Space: 1999.
I actually though Henrietta would be quite easy, I could be misguided though, wouldn't be the first time !

Mmmmmm, I don't think I'd like Steed's living room in my actual home Mike :lol:
Last edited by Avengerholic on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MikeR wrote:Ian

creepy..hands down...can you imagine owning that prop ???

would love to see the person.who has part of their room. looking like a set from who, or dr.who
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Started work on this, this morning updates soon :wink:
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Avengerholic wrote:Started work on this, this morning updates soon :wink:
Ian

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

MikeR wrote: Ian

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.
Me too :) I was taking as many reference shots as I could last night, and frankly I didn't realise until then just how crudely made she actually is.

My lodger, whose absolutely terrified of Clowns and puppets, has already stated that under no circumstances is she to be left idly sitting around the house lol :lol:

I'm just using the same method I did for making the Cybernaut, all be it on a smaller scale. I've just sealed the rough sculpt with resin and tomorrow I'll work on refining it .

I found these two white glass balls a few weeks ago which are the perfect size for the eyes.

What I'd like to do it take a screen capture of the actual puppets eyes, there is a perfect shot I can use as Steeds opens the door and Henrietta looks round in close up. Clean them up in photoshop and colour them blue, turn the iris's into water slide transfers and apply them to the glass balls. Finally, coat them in clear acrylic resin. It'll be a perfect way to replicate her actually eyes, and in colour, if it works :?

A bit like this ..

ImageImage

And while they are drying I can take a trip to Boots to buy some false eyelashes :D I ordered the hair on line earlier today :wink:

HENRRRRRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

OK, I took no care over this at all, it was basically a quick exercise just to see if what I wanted to do would actually work, and it does. It looks pretty cool, even though it was simply a rush job. Basically this is Henrietta's actual right eye (in colour), or as close as you're ever going to get to the real thing.

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

As always I love following your projects from start to finish!! 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

That's the right and left eyes cleaned up and printed out as transfers, with a couple of extras in case of mistakes. I assume the originals were hand painted as the left and right eyes are slightly different.

Last edited by Avengerholic on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.