The New Avengers on Bluray? (UPDATE)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

MusicalDave
White Dwarf

The New Avengers on Bluray? (UPDATE)

Post by MusicalDave »

Hi. I did a quick search, but couldn't find any discussions about this - has anyone heard whether TNA will be getting a Bluray release? Does anyone know any barriers for why this might not have followed the release of series 6?

Thanks. Dave.
Last edited by MusicalDave on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I think all of us on the forum are waiting with baited breath for news of a blu ray release of TNA. Sadly nothing yet. It is long overdue. The dvd box set was adequate, but no better than VHS quality. In fact the first episode The Eagle's nest was inferior to my VHS copy :!:
I'm not sure why this is taking so long. Does anyone know any more :?: Rich
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

We all hoped there'd be a Fourtieth Anniversary release with the episodes properly remastered but October has come and gone with not even a whimper.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:I think all of us on the forum are waiting with baited breath for news of a blu ray release of TNA. Sadly nothing yet. It is long overdue. The dvd box set was adequate, but no better than VHS quality. In fact the first episode The Eagle's nest was inferior to my VHS copy :!:
I'm not sure why this is taking so long. Does anyone know any more :?: Rich
could be licensing problems, or perhaps Lionsgate, or whoever is interested in this, have concurred there's no real money to be made...

another example, might be the shape of the source material...etc
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I suppose that it could be released in the coming years, given that the owner of TNA is Studioсanal. Just this is not the sort of the series for business, which is the importance of the first category, so to speak.
I remember that at some point, some Avengers fans began to think that the series will not appear on the Blu Ray at all, as it has been already during the heyday of this medium, but it happened, though big belatedly. Sadly, while some official releases of TNA has occurred earlier than The Avengers on VHS, then things changed.
Denis
MusicalDave
White Dwarf

Post by MusicalDave »

Hi all, I emailed StudioCanal to enquire if TNA was in the wings...

Sadly they've confirmed there are no plans to release the series on BluRay, and their restoration team haven't transferred the film assets for the series.

A real shame – I sometimes wish they'd just called the show 'The Avengers' instead, as the way the show is always treated different from The Avengers seems crazy!

Oh well. Let's enjoy the DVDs.

Cheers, D.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Even no plans? :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel like TNA is on a forgotten shelf where already accumulated the huge mass of dust.
Denis
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

MusicalDave wrote:Hi all, I emailed StudioCanal to enquire if TNA was in the wings...

Sadly they've confirmed there are no plans to release the series on BluRay, and their restoration team haven't transferred the film assets for the series.

A real shame – I sometimes wish they'd just called the show 'The Avengers' instead, as the way the show is always treated different from The Avengers seems crazy!

Oh well. Let's enjoy the DVDs.

Cheers, D.
.....or "The Avengers Return", anything with the name first, as so many movie sequels are titled.

I think a "Best of" The New Avengers would be an attractive first product to put out, as an introduction to the series for those unfamiliar with it. I personally would buy that over a complete series package. I'm not overly keen on The New Avengers but I adore Joanna Lumley as Purdy. Her fight scenes are sensational.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Even no plans? :cry: :cry: :cry: I feel like TNA is on a forgotten shelf where already accumulated the huge mass of dust.

feel the same way!
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

I would love to get the new avengers on Blu-ray!!