The New Avengers on Bluray? (UPDATE)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: The New Avengers on Bluray? (UPDATE)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:08 pm by all means, a new blu ray release of the New Avengers, would be needed...at least for the U.S. market...as I remember the original DVD release of the series, and how badly mastered it was...i.e. poor chroma, colors, etc...
Definitely for the UK too. My Kult TV/Contender TNA DVDs have a sort of pink cast to the picture colour and look washed out, and my French sets are sort of brownish. I haven't looked at the German ones yet but I suspect they will be the same as one or the other UK or French sets.

Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

the U.S. dvd releases were poor....faded colors ...scratchy prints (?) looks like they were mastered from 4th generation source material.
dreadful....
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

I hate scratches more than anything. The DVD releases of Worzel Gummidge (a popular commercial television series in the UK, made shortly after The New Avengers) use prints which looked dreadfully scratched, and with hair and dust specks and all sorts of mess from the negatives transfer. But it has recently had a massive restoration for BluRay and reviews are vary favourable. Similar to TNA, there was a long period of time where no-one seemed sure where the materials were held or in what state. If it can be done for a lighthearted kids' (or family) show, surely someone can find some love for what was a solid and popular drama of its time?
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

SEEMS to be a familiar tale of woe...for series that came out on disc...full of glitches, dust, etc etc.....and were either mastered from 2/3/4th generation sources...or the first generation master, was poorly stored...

I sure hope the New Avengers gets remastered in blu-ray, for a U.S. release
aysie
White Dwarf

Post by aysie »

Sad news for a lot of reasons - not least their hopes for a full New Avengers blu-ray - but it looks as if Network has gone into liquidation:
https://filmstories.co.uk/news/niche-br ... quidation/
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

aysie wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:00 pm Sad news for a lot of reasons - not least their hopes for a full New Avengers blu-ray - but it looks as if Network has gone into liquidation:
https://filmstories.co.uk/news/niche-br ... quidation/
There is a thread about it here: https://dissolute.com.au/avengersfanfor ... php?t=4312
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

It would be great to see a blu ray release of The New Avengers, although it seems like a pipe dream of sorts at this point.
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

MRotten wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:04 pm It would be great to see a blu ray release of The New Avengers, although it seems like a pipe dream of sorts at this point.
Agreed. It’s a great show.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

as Lando commented...the New Avengers, is a great show, and in my opinion, does the original series well...and over the years, more and more people are re discovering it....just like the Thorson era....remember, at least in the States, Tara King, wasn't viewed very well....but yrs later, that attitude has changed...and for the positive..