The Beach

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

The Beach

Post by denis rigg »

Photo collection "The Beach" that I've gathered from the Internet in many years. :)

Denis
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

What an impressive collection of images. I always thought that John Bates' 'Flash' was one of his best creations for Diana.
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

Thanks for sharing! Many images I haven't seen before :D
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

MikeR wrote:What an impressive collection of images. I always thought that John Bates' 'Flash' was one of his best creations for Diana.
Hi Mike

I first saw Diana dressed in John Bates' 'Flash' in a black-and-white image from Premiere magazine for August 1998 and was immeditely admired:

http://steedumbrella.ru/russian_publica ... page3.html

It looks very stylish even now, I think. Funny, before I saw it in color, I imagined it was a brilliant silvery suit.

SteedMonk wrote:Thanks for sharing! Many images I haven't seen before :D
Glad you enjoyed it. Many pictures were on now closed websites, devoted to the images of Avengers actors.
Though some of it can to find in Internet currently in better quality and resolution than presented in the topic above, but when comparing we will notice other disadvantages. For example, this photo:

Alas, it is noticeably cut on the left side.
Denis
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

What a marvellous set of Diana/Emma on the beach pictures, Denis :) Many thanks for posting this lovely collection.
I agree, I think the Flash bikini-hipster power-blue costume was one of John Bates' finest designer outfits for Diana.
The hint of pink lace trouser suit, black stretch Lycra catsuit and her daring translucent Grecian gown are rather lovely too :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

When writing the book I could never discover where these publicity pictures were taken. I had a solitary source in Dave Rogers who advised me many years before that this was Lord Montigau's private beach in Hampshire, presumably somewhere nears his estate, However, I decided against including this because I could not find a second source confirming the location and one stretch of beach looks very much like another.
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

Hi Denis,
thanks for sharing the pictures. I actually didn't know a few of them :D .

Here is a link to a website with photos of Thorns Beach, Hampshire around 2008/9
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/757487
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

All the shots have the beach and sea in the background making it impossible to identify the actual location by comparing to the shoreline background. Ideally I need to find a local Hants newspaper archive that gives the exact date and location where the photoshoot took place. I would have thought that having Patrick and Diana doing this would have made local news at the time.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Great shots and thanks for sharing. I wonder if Macnee was really "into" the first set of photos, the first 10 or so up above; his facial expressions are odd, and hardly attractive. He relaxed and seemed to enjoy the other photo sessions much more.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Back in Avengerland after busy time with health and suddenly I found another part of the photo series Beach in my collection which I did not posted here. The reason was that it was stored under other names in the folder with many images on computer and I just did not sort it to end at time.

Part 2

Denis