The Beach

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Probably around Jury's Gap is this shot is an indicator.
https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl ... mrc&uact=8
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

mariocki wrote:From the horse's mouth, 100% Camber Sands.
Many Thanks, Mariocki, if you are sure for Camber Sands as for photo shoot with horse, there is no doubt now. :) Cheers!
Have you any ideas for other photos "the beach", it looks like the same location or is it another? :wink:
Denis
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Sorry Denis, I've got no time to check at the moment but I showed Ray Austin your pictures and he immediately said, "Camber Sands", so I think that settles it. He told me some more detail about that day which Ill try to post later.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Here is how, I'm very appreciated to you for this great deed, Mariocki. :)

The details of Ray for that photo shooting will like gold for whole Avengers fandom, definitely. :P
Denis
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Denis - here's what Ray had to say about the beach. I showed him the pictures and asked him if he remembered where it was filmed and he immediately said, "Camber Sands, how could I forget?". He said that Roy Rossotti was in overall charge of the shoot and they had a Jaguar car and a white horse with them that day. Rossotti insisted on having the car parked in the shallow water as he wanted the horse in the water as well in order that it could ride past it. They continued with the shots and Ray and others suggested that they retrieve the car before the tide came in but Rossotti said it would be fine to leave it there a bit longer. Of course, by the time he said it was OK to remove it the engine was flooded and wouldn't start so they had to leave it there as it was gradually submerged in the water. Ray had to wait behind after the shoot for the tide to go out again so that the car could be towed out but it was completely ruined.

So, as he said so himself, he's hardly likely to forget where it was and so I think you can cross that one off the list.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Mariocki - wow, very interesting details: Roy Rossotti, Jaguar, the idea. Now we can better imagine the concept of filming Diana on a horse.

Also, due to it, can draw the following very important conclusion:

Since Roy Rossotti was director of shooting Diana on a horse, this should confirm the information that was posted in Slow Dazzle calendars.

That is:

'September 6
'1966 - The second day of colour filming on 'The Avengers' takes place at Lord Montagu's Museum of Vintage Cars at Palace House, Beaulieu, Hampshire, under the supervision of Roy Rossotti.
'1966 - Featuring Diana Rigg riding a white horse, the footage appeared in an American promo reel for the series."

So, thanks to Ray and Mariocki, I think this is true!!! Diana on a horse was exactly shooting in 1966, not 1965 during the publicity photo shoot at beach.

Riddles for the publicity photo shoot at beach in 1965 remain the same:
1. Which was it the beach?
2. When exactly was it taken?
Denis