Tunnel of Fear 'Home Entertainment' Release Date 15 Jan 2018

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

cyberrich wrote:Thanks for making these scripts available Alan. :D Rich.
dissolute wrote:Thanks Alan, that makes it very clear. What an amazing contribution, Avengers fans everywhere are truly indebted to you.
dissolute wrote:Someone on facebook mentioned buying a download copy, where would they have bought that?
It's on Amazon Prime, AIUI, Piers.

And thanks for the plaudits, though they're really not necessary at all. Just pleased that people are happy with the scripts and the package in general. :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

OO
Last edited by ischtar on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Cheers, Many Thanks!!! :P I will look forward to the whole material and the report. :wink:

It's an unexpected to see that while the DVD cover is almost identical to the British, the image on the disc is quite different - more simplistic. Wonder why was decided go to this option. :? In any case, the result as for disc looks pretty nice, thanks to a combination of color and text placement. :)

There are no information about PDF scripts on the DVD cover, turns it's not included in the set like the British edition? :wink:
Denis
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Thanks for sharing, ishtar.

Also worth noting that the Big Finish audio adaptation is not present (presumably for language reasons).

Is the booklet included? (Translated?)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

OO
Last edited by ischtar on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Alan wrote:Also worth noting that the Big Finish audio adaptation is not present (presumably for language reasons).

Is the booklet included? (Translated?)
Many thanks, Alan, for these points. A good detailed approach is similar to the quality of your books. :)
ischtar wrote:It is a pity, but the series 1 scripts are not included on the DVD;
the extras are the two UTV interviews with Ian Hendry and Patrick Macnee, the John Dorney interview, the series one episodes reconstructions and the Big Finish adaption of the episode (=Hörspiel Tunnel of Fear, they do not mention Big Finish productions here).

For some reasons there are German subtitles only, I can't understand why they did not include the English subs.

Sadly there is no booklet for the German customers and the summary for the episode is awful!
It's sad to hear that "the incident with PFD scripts" is present in the German DVD edition too despite the fact that it was almost predictable. :( Fortunately, other bonuses are available, although all interviews do not have German subtitles.

This would already be an advantage for the German DVD edition if they included English subtitles, in this case I'd be happy for you, Chris. :) However, you're right, actually, for an unclear reason (at least for part of Avengers fans, including me) StudioCanal went different ways in some nuances with the British and German DVD edition, while in the case of Blu Ray there was otherwise (there were changes but to a much lesser extent).

It's interesting, are you enjoy with the quality of German subtitles, Chris? :wink:
Denis
jamieavenger
Nutshell

Post by jamieavenger »

Does anyone know where Tunnel of Fear can be purchased for download outside UK? I live in Australia, and Amazon UK won't accept a non-UK credit card.

Thanks
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Really? It accepts my Aussie credit card, I've been a member for a long time.
Visa is your best bet but Amazon claims to accept all major cards.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Is there any news yet on a fixed disk with the pdf scripts in place? It's a deal-breaker for me.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Having bought and received the DVD, many thanks to all involved making the DVD possible and writing / editing the booklet!

A wonderful moment to experience, one new Avengers episode.