Tunnel of Fear 'Home Entertainment' Release Date 15 Jan 2018

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I agree, I've watched it twice through and again to do my capture run so I'll be updating the episode on my site soon. Did you notice Steed' Rolls Royce, and that he uses the code word "delta" whenever he rings One-Ten?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Frankymole wrote:Is there any news yet on a fixed disk with the pdf scripts in place? It's a deal-breaker for me.
StudioCanal have confirmed they will not be issuing a fixed disc.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Yes the Rolls was a surprise to me, early Steed drove more normal cars, but this is full fledged Steed bowler, brolly and Rolls.
Ian Beard
White Dwarf

Post by Ian Beard »

Frankymole wrote:Is there any news yet on a fixed disk with the pdf scripts in place? It's a deal-breaker for me.
Alan wrote:StudioCanal have confirmed they will not be issuing a fixed disc.

This has probably been noted elsewhere, but just in case anyone has missed it then there is a corrected UK disc out there now.

The original release has cover/card slip-case with Macnee credited top left and Hendry top right.

The represssing with PDF has the credits reversed on the cover/card slipcase, (Hendry top left, Macnee top right) and a disc number of DTP97131 OPTD4199R0/L1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D47TXSD/ ... UTF8&psc=1
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I've got the latter described one, with Hendry top left. I only bought it this year and watched it once and now it doesn't even load or be recognised by my DVD drive.

Oh well.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Ian Beard wrote:
Alan wrote:StudioCanal have confirmed they will not be issuing a fixed disc.

This has probably been noted elsewhere, but just in case anyone has missed it then there is a corrected UK disc out there now.

The original release has cover/card slip-case with Macnee credited top left and Hendry top right.

The represssing with PDF has the credits reversed on the cover/card slipcase, (Hendry top left, Macnee top right) and a disc number of DTP97131 OPTD4199R0/L1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D47TXSD/ ... UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the link...the 'cover' looks interesting..I wish more stuff like this was available in the States...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote:I've got the latter described one, with Hendry top left. I only bought it this year and watched it once and now it doesn't even load or be recognised by my DVD drive.

Oh well.
Oh, so if you have the "corrected" disc, does it have the pdfs? If it's not reading it might have smears or scratches on the surface. Finger crossed for you! I finds I have better success with tricky dvds in a computer dvd drive than a dvd player, I'm not sure if error correction is better in them.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote: Oh, so if you have the "corrected" disc, does it have the pdfs? If it's not reading it might have smears or scratches on the surface. Finger crossed for you! I finds I have better success with tricky dvds in a computer dvd drive than a dvd player, I'm not sure if error correction is better in them.
This has got quite complicated - a case worthy of Dr Keel himself. I went to put the disk in my normal DVD player (not computer drive, this normal one plugs into the television. It didn't work in my computer). But just as I was about to, I noticed it was in fact series 3, disk 5, ie an Honor Blackman one. It still doesn't work in my computer, so I can't read the 4 script pdf's of Honor Blackman stories that it's meant to contain. But I can watch them on telly at least.

So I looked in the Honor Blackman set's cases, assuming I'd swapped the disks somehow. And in there was Kaleidoscope's interview disk with Alfie Burke. I then went and found that case. Finally! It had Tunnel of Fear in it - which works on my PC, so I've got the scripts for series 1 at least. The pdf's are there, and work. Whew.

I must've been really drunk last Christmas. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol for 4 months but life is no less confusing.
Last edited by Frankymole on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

P.S. I hope the German set (50th anniversary "book") has the same DVD extras for Honor Blackman's Series 3 Disk 5. Otherwise I'll have to buy it again - meaning I have bought her episodes five or six times - VHS, French DVDs, Contender DVDs, Canal+ DVDs (and again?), German DVDs.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:P.S. I hope the German set (50th anniversary "book") has the same DVD extras for Honor Blackman's Series 3 Disk 5. Otherwise I'll have to buy it again - meaning I have bought her episodes five or six times - VHS, French DVDs, Contender DVDs, Canal+ DVDs (and again?), German DVDs.

been down the road, myself..i.e. purchasing...again and again...items world wide...