Proposed ‘New’ Avengers TV Series

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Proposed ‘New’ Avengers TV Series

Post by mariocki »

Let’s hope this doesn’t get off the ground:

https://screenrant.com/avengers-tv-show ... ane-black/

It sounds utterly dreadful.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Yeah, I read this on twitter last night.

I just saw 'In development hell' written all over it.

I do think that due to Marvel's Avengers, no one would even attempt a show these days.

Maybe these guys have written a decent script but it won't be The Avengers as we know and love it.
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

Post by mrspeel01 »

I also doubt anything will come of it, at least while Marvel's team are still around. Maybe after the two "Infinity Wars " movies are over, there might be a slim possibility. i would imagine it would be called "Steed & mrs Peel" , to avoid confusion, or, at a stretch "The Avengers: Steed & Mrs Peel".

I have mixed feelings about a reboot. On the one hand I think it would be good, as it will bring the original series back into the limelight. New Doctor Who has prompted new fans to check out the original series, which is a good thing.

On the other hand, I doubt it could ever re-capture what the original series had. As the proposal is to set it once again in the '60s I wonder if the humour will be along the lines of "life on mars" or "Mad Men", showing up the attitudes of that era. If the humour is too OTT, it could end up as another "Austin Powers". it will be a tricky thing to pull off. The recent "Man from UNCLE" remake film showed how difficult it can be. Though the "Kingsman" films have shown there is appeal for British spies other than James Bond! And Colin Firth's character is practically John Steed, using his umbrella as a weapon.

I actually do wish them luck though with the proposal, as I just think it would be great that the characters John Steed and Emma Peel would live again. They wouldn't be the same characters we remember but, if the new series is done respectfully it could be worth a watch.
DaveDJ
White Dwarf

Post by DaveDJ »

I'd love a new series!

The Ipcress File meets Doctor Who sounds perfect.