TNA on french VHS: Sony Music

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

TNA on french VHS: Sony Music

Post by denis rigg »

Today I finished the study of TNA on french VHS from Sony Music and updated the page on Steedumbrela. :) A pleasant surprise for the Avengers fans is new function on website - if you wish to see the VHS covers in better quality, just click on them. :wink:

http://steedumbrella.ru/VHS_France_Sony_Music.html

Below are the detailed characteristics of this VHS box:

1. All episodes on these video cassettes featured French dubbed soundtracks. All open titles of episodes are identical - these are cuts from scenes of first three episodes, tubes and screen test (open titles, which in most versions was used only in the first seven TNA episodes).

2. Screen image quality (I would put 4 out of 10). Quite acceptable - color in SECAM is already something - but worse than any of TNA prints I've seen before (that is even worse than the Spanish TNA prints which were released on VHS in 1985).

http://steedumbrella.ru/VHS_Spain.html

There are small "inteferences" on the screen, hair and scratches - more like records from TV.

3. Entry of each videotape begins with a "Warning in French about using presented video", tnen follows the animated intro "Sony Music Departement Video".

4. On all videocassettes except volume 1 is the following:
After the animated intro "Sony Music Departement Video", there is insert "Chapeau Melon Et Bottes de Cuir" (4 seconds) on the background of the heraldic lion.

5. On videocassettes of volume 2 and 4 is the following:
Between the first and second episode there is insert "Une Co-Production T.F.1" (4 seconds) on the background of the heraldic lion.

6. Musical accompaniment in the final credits of the episodes "Angels of Death" and "K is for Kill", Part 1&2 ends 8 seconds earlier than the visual material - due to additional credits.

7. Episodes "K is for Kill", Part 1&2 are presented in a shortened versions
a) The personal titles of the episodes are present together with the common ones on the frozen screen - so, there deleted fragments where in the original prints are personal titles.
b) Part 1 begins with a frozen frame "a man prays on his knees" - footage before that is missed.
Probably there are the some other cuts in these episodes - will check when take work on the episodes on the site.

8. In each box with a videotape there is a flyer. :) Scans below:

Denis
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Thanks, Denis
8)
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I think to post some other VHS covers in better quality on website too, I will report if go this way. :wink:
Denis
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

The flyer is for a book which was very acclaimed then.