Liz Fraser (1930 - 2018)

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Allard
The Ministry

Liz Fraser (1930 - 2018)

Post by Allard »

The death of Liz Fraser, known to Avengers fans as Georgie Price-Jones in The Girl from AUNTIE, is being reported.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

We're sure losing the people involved in making the Avengers quickly now. :cry:
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

When The Avengers is still on the TV today (ITV4 for one) it shows how great all the people were.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Liz Fraser was one of those actresses who you couldn't help but like whatever she played and she's on my list of people who if they're in a film, i need to see it.

She's so charming as Georgie Price Jones.

RIP Liz.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Oh, this is great loss!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
I was already going to go to bed and before that I decided to read the news on the Internet - what was my surprise among the various world events to study the death of Liz Frazer. :shock:
Without a doubt, she was not just a bright British actress, but favorite and memorable for many people for her expressive and attractive manner of playing.
Episode The Girl from Auntie in many respects is GREAT thanks to her. She becomes a suitable partner for Steed from the very beginning of their cooperation, from my view. :D This is one of my favorite episodes and the most beloved for Sergey Pronin, co-founder of Steedumrella.

RIP :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, really this year makes a big blow for the Avengers performers - and exactly the female:

Eunice Gayson
Pamela Ann Davy
Janet Hargreaves
Carole Shelley
Jacqueline Pearce
Liz Fraser
Denis
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

She was great fun in Auntie and understood the spirit of the show at its artistic pinnacle. RIP.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sad to hear of Liz Fraser's passing, on the same day as Burt Reynolds passing. Liz had that great comic delivery, so essential to The Avengers. I wish she'd made more episodes, but at least we have Auntie to remember her by. RIP.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

In the Russian media reported the death of the actress.

The title is called:
На 89-м году жизни умерла актриса из "Мстителей" Лиз Фрайзер‍ (At the 89th year of her life, died the actress from "The Avengers", Liz Frazer).

https://versiya.info/shou-biznes/83479

Yes, it sounds almost as the official statement that series The Avengers in Russia is loved and remembered even today moreover. :)
Denis
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Very sad news.
She was excellent in The Avengers: The Girl From Auntie. Loved the fight sequence in Mrs Peel's apartment.
I remember her from numerous British comedies, from The Smallest Show on Earth to Carry On Cruising and Rosie Dixon - Night Nurse
and especially with Peter Sellers in I'm Alright Jack and Two Way Stretch, and with Arthur Lowe in Dad's Army - The Movie.
She was a fine actress and comedienne.
James/Mrs Emma Peel
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

I just watched Liz in an episode of the current series of Midsomer Murders. Must've been filmed right before she passed. :(